Don't Think I Can't Love You
|"Don't Think I Can't Love You"|
|Single by Jake Owen|
|from the album Easy Does It|
|Released||August 25, 2008|
|Format||Music download, airplay|
|Jake Owen singles chronology|
"Don't Think I Can't Love You" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Jake Owen. It was released in August 2008 as the fourth single release of his career, and the lead single from his album Easy Does It. Owen wrote the song with Kendal Marvel and Jimmy Ritchey.
"Don't Think I Can't Love You" was co-written by Jake Owen, along with his producer Jimmy Ritchey and Kendal Marvel. The song is a mid-tempo in triple meter, accompanied by electric guitar. In it, the male narrator explains that, although he does not have much money, he is still able to show love for the woman he is addressing.
Allen Jacobs of Roughstock, a country music review site, gave the song a favorable review. Although he said the lyrics "have been said a bunch of times before", he said that the song had a "bluesy musical vibe". He also compared Owen's "strong, baritone voice" to Alan Jackson and said, "Owen sings the words passionately and has delivered a solid contemporary country single." Kevin J. Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a B- rating, calling the song "pleasant to the ears" but added, "the record doesn't build to a satisfying conclusion."
A music video, directed by David McClister, was released for the song on November 6, 2008. In the video, Owen is shown performing in a courtyard with his band, as couples are shown dancing in their apartments and watching Owen's performance.
"Don't Think I Can't Love You" peaked at number 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in March 2009. This song was Owen's second to reach the top 10.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Billboard Hot 100||57|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||26|
- "Jake Owen named on Nashville Lifestyle's Hot List". RCA Nashville. 2008-08-06. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- Jacobs, Allen. "Jake Owen — "Don't Think I Can't Love You"". Roughstock. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- Coyne, Kevin J. (2008-08-17). "Jake Owen — "Don't Think I Can't Love You"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- "Jake Owen Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Jake Owen.
- "Jake Owen Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Jake Owen.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.