|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2011)|
|Source books||Monster Manual 4th edition, Races of the Dragon|
|First appearance||Races of the Dragon|
The dragonborn are a fictional race in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy tabletop role-playing game.
The dragonborn was originally introduced in the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 supplement book Races of the Dragon, published by Wizards of the Coast in 2006. In that book, dragonborn are presented as a transitive race, members of other humanoid races who, to show devotion to Bahamut, willingly took on draconic traits in place of their original biology.
The dragonborn appears in the fourth edition Monster Manual (2008), including the dragonborn soldier, the dragonborn gladiator, the dragonborn raider, and the dragonborn champion.
In the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, the Dragonborn came from Abeir (the lost sibling world of Toril). In Faerûn, the dragonborn mainly inhabit the militarized kingdom of Tymanther, but many live in Returned Abeir, the continent that has replaced Maztica as a result of the Spellplague. The Dragonborn of Forgotten Realms have a deep hatred of true dragons, for in their previous world of Abeir they fought terrible wars against them.
In the Eberron campaign setting, the Dragonborn are descendants of the dragons of the lost continent of Argonessen, where they have lived in isolation since before Khorvaire's founding.
- Races of the Dragon Excerpt
- Kestrel, Gwendolyn F.M.; Wilkes, Jennifer Clarke; Liquette, Kolja Raven (2006). Races of the Dragon. Wizards of the Coast.
- Heinsoo, Rob; Collin, Andy; Wyatt, James (2008). Player's Handbook. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mearls, Mike, Stephen Schubert, and James Wyatt (2008). Monster Manual. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sim, Chris (July 2008). "Ecology of the Dragonborn". Dragon Magazine (Wizards of the Coast) 365.
- Wyatt, James (2010). Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn. Wizards of the Coast.
- Dark Sun Campaign Setting' (4th edition)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|