Dread Broadcasting Corporation
DBC has been credited as Britain's first black music radio station, and eventually featured DJs like Neneh Cherry, and Ranking Miss P. Joe Strummer of The Clash even made a guest appearance on the station, playing reggae, soul and R&B.
Following more than one arrest, DBC ceased broadcasting in 1984.
- Striving To Be Free / It's A Sign 12" Single 1982
- Dread Broadcasting Corporation 2xCD (Trojan Records)
- Rouse, Rose (1985-04-25). "Guardian Women: Dread vox / Profile of Ranking Miss P, BBC Radio One's first reggae disc jockey". The Guardian.
- BBC - 1Xtra - Black History Month - 1980
- PFF 2005
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVMUdl9T2Zw Joe Strummer's Radio Clash, Part one
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYLNPkoBPNc&feature=related Radio Clash, Part Two.