|Developer(s)||eRoom Technology Inc, now a part of EMC Corporation|
eRoom is an on-line project collaboration, or collaborative software product from EMC Corporation. Originally developed by eRoom Technology Inc., of Cambridge, Massachusetts, product features include e-mail management, calendaring, instant messaging, project plans, databases, and document management.
The company, first called Instinctive Technology, was founded in 1996 by a group predominantly from Lotus Development Corporation (which had been acquired by IBM Corporation in 1995), and was led by CEO Jeffrey Beir.
One of eRoom's first clients was Hewlett-Packard, which became one of the first clients to use eRoom's hosted service, in which the eRoom software was run on its own servers rather than the customers' servers, for a monthly fee.
In December, 2002, (announced in October) Documentum acquired eRoom Technology in a cash-and-stock transaction valued at more than $100 million. After Documentum bought eRoom Technology, Inc., they began integrating the eRoom product with their Content management platform, Documentum 5. The first integrated release, eRoom Enterprise, was released in February, 2003. Version 7 of eRoom, which was released later that year, added a library of horizontal applications for audit management, deal management, customer management and project management.
In October, 2003, almost a year after the eRoom acquisition, Documentum, Inc, was purchased by EMC2.
- eRoom Picks Up Steam
- Lotus, eRoom duke it out over collaboration apps
- Will the digital office take off for grounded corps?
- eRoom Technology launches eRoom 5.0
- eRoom Technology Delivers Major Update to eRoom.net Hosted Digital Workplace
- ERoom makes sharing data easier
- eRoom Technology Introduces Next Generation Digital Workplace with Unveiling of eRoom Version 6.0
- Ford Motor Company Globally Deploys eRoom Technology's Digital Workplace for Collaborative eBusiness Initiatives
- Courting Trial Technology
- Easy Enterprise Collaboration
- Documentum Acquires eRoom, Says Earnings On Target
- eRoom New version of eRooms announced at well-attended Documentum conference
- EMC Documentum eRoom
- About eRoom, on Knowledge Management Community
- McCormick, Gavin (July 25, 2000). "eRoom Picks Up Steam". internetnews.com.
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|