|National origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Eagle Aviation LLC|
US$136,595 (with glass cockpit, 2012)
The Eagle EA-100 is an American light-sport aircraft, designed and produced by Eagle Aviation LLC of Oshkosh, Wisconsin and introduced in 2008. The aircraft is supplied as complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
The EA-100 was designed to comply with the US light-sport aircraft rules. It features a strut-braced high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit accessed by two vertical-hinged doors, fixed tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from aluminum sheet. Its 28.5 ft (8.7 m) span wing has an area of 135 sq ft (12.5 m2) and features electrically-operated flaps. The standard engine is the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS four-stroke powerplant while the standard propeller is a Sensenich composite ground adjustable type.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 20 ft 9 in (6.32 m)
- Wingspan: 28 ft 6 in (8.69 m)
- Height: 7 ft 3 in (2.21 m)
- Wing area: 135 sq ft (12.5 m2)
- Empty weight: 825 lb (374 kg)
- Gross weight: 1,320 lb (599 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 75 litres (16 imp gal; 20 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 101 hp (75 kW)
- Cruise speed: 105 kn (121 mph; 194 km/h)
- Stall speed: 35 kn (40 mph; 65 km/h) flaps down
- Never exceed speed: 120 kn (138 mph; 222 km/h)
- Range: 335 nmi (386 mi; 620 km)
- Service ceiling: 10,000 ft (3,000 m)
- G limits: +5/-3g
- Rate of climb: 1,200 ft/min (6.1 m/s)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 42. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Experimental Aircraft Association (2012). "EAA's Listing of Special Light-Sport Aircraft". Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Sport Aircraft for the Sport Pilot". Eaglesportplane.com. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Eagle Aviation LLC (2012). "EA-100 S-LSA Specifications and Performance". Retrieved 5 June 2012.