East Forsyth High School
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|East Forsyth High School|
|Kernersville, North Carolina
|School district||Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and White|
East Forsyth High School is located in the town of Kernersville in Forsyth County, North Carolina. It is laid out in a college-campus esque style with numerous small buildings rather than a single large building.
East Forsyth currently has a total of nine main classroom buildings; four buildings house eight classrooms, two others house ten classrooms, and one houses up to sixteen. Two "pod" trailers are housed in the back of the campus; it houses seven classrooms. There are also two gyms, an auditorium, cafeteria, courtyard, technology building, and an office building with a library.
Recently completed renovations on campus have ultimately changed the entire school. A two-story, "L" shaped building has been built; it houses 16 classrooms, office facilities, as well as a new media center. The existing office building has been renovated as well; it now houses fine arts as well as the business and technology education programs on campus. The auditorium and some of the current buildings have been updated, and new traffic pattern is also in place for the campus.
East Forsyth High School offers many sports; they include Swimming, Wrestling, Track, and Football. Students can participate in any sport with a few requirements, additionally, most sports require students to "try-out". The full list of East Forsyth's Athletic programs includes: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, The Eaglettes Dance Team, Cheerleading, Softball, Cross Country, Swimming, Tennis, Football, Volleyball, Golf, Wrestling, and Track and lacrosse
In 1992, East Forsyth won its only State football championship to date. Led by Head Coach Joe Bill Ellender and quarterback Joe Lagarde, the Eagles completed a 15-0-0 season by defeating Northern High School (Durham, NC) in the NCHSAA 4A championship game.
In 2008, East Forsyth Had its second best season by going 12-2.
East Forsyth's main rival is near-by Glenn High School. In past football seasons, the East-Glenn game was one of the first games of the year. Now with both teams in the Piedmont-Triad 4A conference, it is the finale of the season.
 Athletic Director
Timothy "Tim" White
- Ms. Patricia Gainey, Principal/12th
- Mr. Walter Johnson, Ass't Principal
- Ms. Lisa Smith- Duggins. Ass't Principal
- Ms. Joanne Via, Curriculum Corrdinator
 Notable alumni
- Chante Black, professional basketball player
- Danny O'Brien, 2010 Maryland Terrapin Football starting quarterback
- Ricky Hickman, professional basketball player for Maccabi Tel Aviv
- Geno Segers, actor for Disney's Pair of Kings and 2-time state wrestling champion.
East Forsyth High School has many opportunities when it comes to after-school (and in some cases, before-school) clubs. Some of the clubs available to students are listed below.
- Crosby Scholars
- Marching Band
- Latin Club (Junior Classical League)
- Eaglettes (dance team)
- National Honor Society (NHS)
- Academic Teams which include
- English Academic Team
- General Knowledge Academic Team
- Mathematics Academic Team
- Science Academic Team
- Social Studies Academic Team
- Future Teachers of America (FTA)
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- Teenage Republicans
- Young Democrats
- Key Club
- Spanish Club
- Freshman Deans
- Sophomore Deans
- Junior Deans
- Senior Deans
- Senior Men Excelling in Life and Leadership (SMELL)
- Caprice and Madrigals (chorus clubs)
- Drama Club
- Gospel Choir
- Junior Civitan
- Girls' Service Club
- Frisbee Club
- Ping-pong club
- Tree Club
- Senior Girls Club
- Travis Fain, "East High School: 50 years of eagles flying high," Winston-Salem Journal, January 13, 2012.