Queen Sirikit National Convention Center
|Queen Sirikit National Convention Center|
Entrance to Queen Sirikit National Convention Center
|Address||60 New Rachadapisek Road, Khlong Toei District|
|Opened||29 August 1991|
Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (QSNCC) (Thai: ศูนย์การประชุมแห่งชาติสิริกิติ์) or also known simply as Queen Sirikit Convention Center, is a convention center and exhibition hall located in Bangkok, Thailand. The center is regarded as a public asset according to the Thai Ministry of Finance’s Treasury Department. However, it has been managed by N.C.C. Management & Development Co., Ltd., a private firm, since its opening in 1991. The QSNCC was built to host events, especially conferences and exhibitions and has hosted numerous international events. The QSNCC is also home to the Plenary Hall, a theatre style hall, which has a capacity of up to 6000 people 
In September 1987, Mr. Suthee Singhasaneh, the Minister of Finance, and Mr.Kamchorn Sathirakul, the Bank of Thailand Governor jointly signed a deal between the Royal Thai Government and the World Bank/International Monetary Fund (IMF) to host the 46th Annual Meeting of the Boards of Governors of the World Bank Group and IMF in Bangkok between October 1 to October 15, 1991. As a result, the QSNCC was constructed as a sign of Thailand’s commitment to host this event. As for the architectural design, a leading Thai architectural firm was assigned to design a structure that reflected Thai culture and heritage for the QSNCC.
To ensure that the center would be completed by the scheduled time, a “Design Build” delivery system was used and the construction started in late 1989. The construction began with 100 designers and more than 1000 construction workers. The main construction was finished by June 1991, under budget and about 2 months before the scheduled date of August 1991. The construction was an unprecedented achievement as it was finished in only 16 months while a project of this magnitude is normally completed within 40 months.
Finally, on August 29, 1991, Their Majesties King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit officially opened the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center. The center was named after Queen Sirikit in honor of Her Majesty’s 60th Birthday.
The Queen Sirikit National Convention Center is located in Khlong Toei, on Ratchadapisek Road between Sukhumvit Road and Rama IV Road. The location is near the heart of Bangkok’s business district.
The QSNCC spans an area of 65,000 square meters of floor space, which includes the main Plenary Hall that can be divided into three soundproof sections of about 1,500 square meters each. Furthermore, the QSNCC has office areas covering 35,000 square meters that is also cable of holding hundreds of trade booths. There are also smaller meeting and seminar rooms that can hold from 10 to 600 people. The QSNCC also has ballrooms and reception areas. Overall, QSNCC has a total exhibition area of approximately 20,000 square meters.
Support services are also offered such food and beverage at the Retro Live Café, various coffee shops, food courts, banquet facilities that can cater for up to 8,000 people. In addition, the QSNCC is also equipped with a pharmacy, post office, banks, as well as a business center. The QSNCC also has a parking capacity for 700 cars, 30 buses and an additional space for 1,500 vehicles on the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly site.
The QSNCC is equipped with communications, translations, and audio-visual technology for hosting events. This includes wireless Internet across the whole exhibition area, a UN (United Nations) standard interpretation system that can serve up to 4000 delegates and 6 languages, and also 1000 domestic and international telephone lines.
- 10th United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD X), 2000
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), 2003
- IUCN World Conservation Congress, 2004
- 11th United Nations Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice, 2005
- World University Presidents Summit, 2006
- World Allergy Congress, 2007
- 4th ICEM World Congress, 2007
- 13th Congress of the Asia Pacific Society of Respirology, 2008
- 11th World Congress of Pediatric Dermatology, 2009
- 14th International Anti-Corruption Conference, 2010
- 3rd Asia - Middle East Dialogue (AMED III), 2010
- Bonjour French Fair 2011, 8 Dec 2011 – 11 Dec 2011
- 2nd Thailand Smart Money – Bangkok, 16 Dec 2011 – 18 Dec 2011
- Thailand Furniture Grand Sale 2011, 17 Dec 2011 – 25 Dec 2011
- Thailand ESCO Fair 2011, 21 Dec 2011
- Siam University Commencement Day, 8 Jan 2012 – 20 Jan 2012
- 15th Bangkok International Symposium on HIV Medicine, 18 Jan 2012 – 20 Jan 2012
- Assumption University Commencement Day, 21 Jan 2012
- Thailand Mobile Expo 2012, 26 Jan 2012 – 29 Jan 2012
- 12th Thailand Baby & Kids Best Buy, 26 Jan 2012 - 29 Jan 2012
- The 2nd Asia-Pacific Water Summit, 5 Feb 2012 – 6 Feb 2012
- Ildex Bangkok 2012, 8 Feb 2012 – 10 Feb 2012
- Pig, Poultry & Dairy Focus Asia 2012, 8 Feb 2012 – 10 Feb 2012
- Thai International Travel Fair 2012, 23 Feb 2012 – 26 Feb 2012
- Furniture Grand Sale, 16 Jun 2012 – 24 Jun 2012
- "Queen Sirikit National Convention Center". Retrieved 12/5/2011.
- "Venue Management". Retrieved 12/8/2011.
- "QSNCC in Brief". Retrieved 12/7/2011.
- "Queen Sirikit National Convention Center". Retrieved 12/7/2011.
- "Conference Venue". Retrieved 12/6/2011.
- "Why QSNCC". Retrieved 12/7/2011.
- "Queen Sirikit National Convention Center". Retrieved 12/8/2011.
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration | Queen Sirikit Convention Centre