Edelgard Elspeth Mahant is a Canadian academic, who teaches political science at York University's Glendon College in Toronto, Ontario and University of Botswana. She is also member of Glendon Research Group in Public and International Affairs.
She formerly taught at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario, where she was also the Ontario Liberal Party candidate in the electoral district of Sudbury East in the 1985 provincial election.
She completed her studies at the Universities of British Columbia (BA) and Toronto (MA) and obtained her PhD at the London School of Economics and Political Science with a thesis titled “French and German Attitudes to the Establishment of the European Economic Community, 1955-1957”.
Areas of expertise
- An introduction to Canadian-American relations Graeme S. Mount, Edelgard E. Mahant. Methuen, London 1984 ISBN 0-458-97190-1
- Invisible and inaudible in Washington: American policies toward Canada Graeme S. Mount, Edelgard E. Mahant. UBC Press, Vancouver 1999 ISBN 0-7748-0703-2
- Free trade in American-Canadian relations Edelgard E. Mahant. Krieger 1993 ISBN 0-89464-522-6
- Birthmarks of Europe: the origins of the European Community reconsidered Edelgard E. Mahant. Ashgate 2004 ISBN 0-7546-1487-5
- Mahant, E.E. “Mirror on the Wall: Who Is the Most European of Us All?” Journal of European Integration, vol.32:2 (2010), pp. 229–236
- Mahant, E.E. and R.P. Mahant. “Artisanal Mining in Tanzania” The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability vol.5:6 (2009), pp. 161–188
- Mahant, E.E. “The Franco-German Couple and the British Paramour” in Chrtistian Philip et al., eds. Mélanges Soldatos. Brussels: Bruylant, (forthcoming)
- Mahant, E.E. “Regional Economic Integration – Bringing Values In” in C. Paraskevopoulos, A.A. Kintis & A.J. Kondonassis, eds. Globalization and the Political Economy of Trade Policy, Toronto: APF Press, 2001, pp. 45–77.
- Mahant, E.E. and X. de Vanssay. “Preferential Trading Arrangements” in C. Paraskevopoulos, R. Grinspun and G. Eatons, eds., Economic Integration in the Americas, Brookfield: Edward Elgar, 1996, pp. 169–181.
- X. de Vanssay and E.E. Mahant. “Three’s Company and Fifteen’s a Union: the Comparative Political Economy of NAFTA and the European Union. Integration or Liberalisation?” in Till Geiger and Dennis Kennedy, eds., Regional Trade Blocs, Multilateralism and the GATT, London: Pinter 1996, pp. 131–155.
- "EUCAnet - Mahant, Edelgard". Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "GLENDON - Edelgard Elspeth Mahant". Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Glendon Research Group in Public and International Affairs". Retrieved 12 January 2011.