Eduardo Sánchez (director)
|Born||Eduardo Miguel Sánchez-Quiros
December 20, 1967
|Occupation||Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Editor|
Eduardo Miguel Sánchez-Quiros (born December 20, 1967) is a Cuban-born American director, most famous for co-directing and writing the 1999 psychological horror The Blair Witch Project with Daniel Myrick.
Born in 1967, Sánchez moved to Spain with his family at the age of two, before settling in the United States in 1972. He studied television production at Montgomery College in Maryland  and obtained his B.A. degree from the University of Central Florida film department where he studied with Dr. Mary C. Johnson and Dr. Charles Harpole. In 1999, Sánchez was joint-recipient of the inaugural Independent Spirit John Cassavetes Award.
He is married to the former Stefanie De Cassan and lives with her and their children in the greater Washington, DC area.
- The Blair Witch Project (1999)
- Altered (2006)
- Seventh Moon (2008)
- Lovely Molly (2012)
- Exists (2014)
- Maulers (TBC)
- Intruders (2014)
- ParaAbnormal (2009) (web TV with Jamie Nash)
- V/H/S/2 (Segment: A Ride in the Park) (2013)
- Four Corners of Fear (2013) (web TV)
- Otto, Jeff. "Directors Ed Sánchez and Dan Myrick Discuss 'Blair Witch' Influence". BloodyDisgusting.
- "I was born in Cuba. My parents got out of there before I turned two. We moved to Spain and then to the United States, the Washington D.C. area, around 1972. Most of my early memories are from Spain... My parents still don't speak any English." http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/4297628-meet-eduardo-s-nchez-writer-director-the-blair-witch-project-lovely
- "His Life After Blair Witch". Insights - Fall '02. Montgomery College. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Film Special". Washington Post. 30 June 1999. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "First Official Stills From Eduardo Sanchez's Exists". Dread Central. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Sanchez says his film is a horror movie about a group of teenagers that go to a rave inside an abandoned mall. It ends up being a trap." http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/14/4481229/casting-in-frederick-for-film.html
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Cuban film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|