From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Eid festival)
|Look up Eid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Eid or EID may refer to:
- Eid, meaning "festival" or "holiday" in Arabic, can refer to a number of Muslim holidays, but without a full name is most likely to refer to Eid al-Fitr[by whom?]
- Eid al-Fitr (عيد الفطر ʿĪd al-Fiṭr, "Feast of Breaking the Fast"), marks the end of the month of Ramadan
- Eid al-Adha (عيد الأضحى ʿĪd al-ʾAḍḥā, "Feast of the Sacrifice"), celebrated to commemorate Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son for God
- Eid Milad an-Nabi (عيد ميلاد النبي ʿĪd Mīlād an-Nabī, "Festival of the Birth of the Prophet"), one of several names for Muhammad, the Prophet of Islam
- Eid al-Milad (عيد الميلاد ʿĪd al-Mīlād, "Festival of the Birth"), Arabic phrase for birthday
- Eid al-Ghadeer, an Eid for Shia Muslims which marks the nomination of Ali, Mohammed's cousin, as the successor of Mohammed
- Eid al-Mubahila, an Eid for Shia Muslims which marks the success of Muslims in a peaceful debate with the Christians of the time
- Eid-e-Shuja', an Eid for Shia Muslims which marks the end of the mourning period after the events of Karbala
- Eid prayers, the special prayer offered in both Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha
- Eid, Norway, municipality in Sogn og Fjordane, Norway
- Eid, Hordaland, former municipality in Hordaland, Norway
- Eid, Møre og Romsdal, former municipality in Møre og Romsdal, Norway.
- Ecological interface design, design framework ems
- Electronic identity card, smartcard used for proof of identity
- Emerging infectious disease, term for an increasingly prevalent infectious disease
- Emotional instability disorder, psychological condition formerly known as borderline personality disorder (BPD)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Eid.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.