|Birth name||Edward Bello Pou|
|Also known as||El Cata, El Malo, El Patrón, El Padrino |
|Origin||Barahona, Dominican Republic|
|Genres||Merengue, mambo, latin rap|
|Occupations||Record Producer, Singer, Songwriter|
|Labels||Rincón Musical, Live Music, Los Dueños del Negocio, Planet (Sony)|
|Associated acts||Pitbull, Lil Jon, Shakira|
Edward Bello Pou, better known by his stage name El Cata, is a Dominican rapper, songwriter, record producer, who emerged in the music scene in 1999, born and raised in Barahona, Dominican Republic.
Bello is the second son of Maria Luisa Pou. He has four sisters. At five, he emigrated to USA, where he stayed 20 years and then returned to the country. In New York, he worked at a furniture store, in the department of Medicare, and a bank. He studied music at the Bronx Community College. He attended Miami Beach Senior High School from 1993 to 1995. While at Miami Beach Senior High, Bello spent most of his time in class writing and composing songs. He would walk down the hallways of his high school singing the songs he would write during class. His sister, Elizabeth, also attended high school during those years.
He has recorded several promotional albums, since 1999 when he started his career but are not considered official albums from El Cata's discography and are no longer available. In 2009 he release his official debut studio album El Malo through Allegro/Planet Records, which includes the singles "Loca Con Su Tiguere", "Pa' la Esquinita" and "El Que Brilla Brilla". This year he also recorded a remix of "Loca Con Su Tiguere", featuring Voltio and Ñejo & Dalmata, also the remix of "Ella Quiere Coro Conmigo" featuring Yenz and shared credits on Pitbull's smash single "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" as co-writer of the song. As of 2010, he collaborated again on Pitbull's track "Watagatapitusberry" from Pitbull's album Armando. The song also featured Rapper record-producer Lil Jon, Sensato and Black Point.
In 2010, Colombian singer-songwriter Shakira covered his single as "Loca", in which he also raps. He is also featured on the Spanish version of the track "Rabiosa" from Shakira's album Sale el Sol.
|El Representante Del Género||
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2008||"Loca Con Su Tiguere"||—||—||El Malo|
|2009||"Pa' la Esquinita"||—||—|
|"El Que Brilla Brilla"||—||—|
|2011||"Colesterol de Amor"||—||—||El Representante Del Género|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|2009||"Ella Quiere Coro Conmigo" (Remix)
(Yenz featuring El Cata)
(Pitbull featuring Lil Jon, Sensasto, Black Point and El Cata)
(Shakira featuring El Cata)
|Sale el Sol|
(Shakira featuring El Cata)
|"Wanna be Yours"
(PW featuring El Cata)
(Kat DeLuna featuring El Cata)
|—||—||—||—||—||Viva Out Loud|
- "El Cata - Biografia" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "El Cata: "El merengue necesita evolucionar y cruzar fronteras"" (in Spanish). Losnocturnos.com. October 23, 2008. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "El Cata trabajando a pasos de gigante" (in Spanish). Hoy.com. April 20, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "El Malo - Album by El Cata". iTunes. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Pitbull's "I Know You Want Me" Got A Hand From A Dominican Duo". MTV.com. August 18, 2009. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- "Pitbull con El Cata, Sensato, Lil Jon y Black Point "Watagatapitusberry" Music video" (in Spanish). MSN.com. July 4, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- "Single and Album Announcement!". Shakira.com. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "Shakira presenta su nuevo disco, Sale el Sol, cargado de ritmos latinos" (in Spanish). Google.com (Noticias). September 24, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "Shakira Chart History". Billboard charts. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Shakira discography - Spain Charts". Spanish Charts. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Shakira's discography in Hitparade.ch". Swiss Music Charts. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Promusicae SEMANA 43: del 25.10.2010 al 31.10.2010 (In Spanish)" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- "Bubbling Under and other charts". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media, Inc) 123 (23). 2011-06-25. ISSN 0006-2510.