|Member of the Maryland House of Delegates
from the 12B district
December 21, 1943 |
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lloyd G. Knowles|
Elizabeth Bobo (born December 21, 1943) is an American politician from Maryland and a member of the Democratic Party. She is currently serving in her fourth term in the Maryland House of Delegates, representing District 12B in Howard County. She currently sits on the Environmental Matters Committee.
Liz was born in Baltimore on December 21, 1943. She graduated from Seton High School in Baltimore before earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in literature from the University of Maryland University College and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maryland School of Law. Bobo practiced as an attorney before her election to the House of Delegates. She has been recognized for her work on conservation and children's issues.
Bobo served one term as Howard County Executive starting in 1986. Charles I. Ecker won against Bobo's reelection campaign in 1990. In 1993, Bobo married former planning board member and councilperson Lloyd G. Knowles. In 1987, Bobo partnered with developer Kingdon Gould III to form a business outreach program.
- voted in favor of increasing the sales tax whilst simultaneously reducing income tax rates for some income brackets - Tax Reform Act of 2007(HB2)
- voted in favor of in-state tuition for illegal immigrants in 2007 (HB6)
In the democratic party
- "Maryland Manual Online". Maryland State Archives. 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Scott Wilson (6April 1990). "Liberation Of a Liberal: Md.'s Bobo Comfortable Sitting on Back Bench". The Washington Post.
- Janice Howard (19 November 1987). "HOWARD COUNTY NOTES". The Washington Post.
|This article about a Maryland politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|