Emma J. Smith
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2012)|
Dr Emma J. Smith is a lecturer in English at the University of Oxford, and a fellow of Hertford College. She has published widely on Shakespeare and on other early modern dramatists, and has recently completed The Cambridge Introduction to Shakespeare.
Emma recently presented an extract of Robert Daborne's A Christian Turn'd Turk as part of a special Read Not Dead event at Shakespeare's Globe in the newly constructed Sam Wanamaker Playhouse. Four directors and four scholars were teamed up with actors and presented their arguments with selected scenes at a special hustings event on Thursday 29 May 2014. Emma was 'teamed up' with director David Oakes and actors Alex Lanipekun, Helen Bradbury, Adam Ewan and Matthew Houlihan. The winning play is to be performed on Sunday 5 October 2014 in the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse.
- Shakespeare's Comedies: a Guide to Criticism (Blackwell Guides to Criticism) (2003)
- Shakespeare's Histories: a Guide to Criticism (Blackwell Guides to Criticism) (2003)
- Shakespeare's Tragedies: a Guide to Criticism (Blackwell Guides to Criticism) (2003)
- "Globe Read Not Dead Wanamaker Playhouse Poll 2014". Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Hertford College, Oxford
- Emma Smith's websites
- Oxford University Department for Continuing Education
- Literature Compass