- For the Gundam series 'mobile suit' see List of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing mobile weapons#OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon.
|Headquarters||Rijswijk, the Netherlands|
|Key people||Hans Streng (CEO), Crijn Bouman, Wouter Robers, Wouter Smit (founders)|
|Products||Fast Chargers for electric vehicles|
|Employees||50 (FTE, 2010)|
Epyon is a Dutch company that produces fast-chargers for electric vehicles.
Epyon recently[when?] opened Europe’s first commercial fast-charging station in the Netherlands. The system can deliver 50 kilowatts of power to charge a nine-person taxi van in 30 minutes. Epyon’s system offers the ability to charge multiple vehicles at the same time, remote configuration, and an Internet-based system that lets Dutch utility Essent bill customers for use. The Netherlands-based station will be used to charge two nine-person taxi van EVs from local taxi company Kijlstra.
Epyon's charge stations are compliant with the CHAdeMO standard, which is used by the Nissan Leaf and the Mitsubishi i MiEV. Epyon's charging station can provide an 80 percent charge for the Leaf's 24-kWh battery pack in about 30 minutes. 
Epyon started in 2006 based on advances of nanotechnology in batteries. The first product of Epyon was a 1-minute telephone charger called the FlashPack. The FlashPack had an internal battery or super capacitor that could be charged in under a minute. Epyon abandoned the telephone market to serve the Electric Vehicle market before the FlashPack reached the stores.
On June 30, 2011 ABB has acquired Epyon.
Epyon builds CHAdeMO certified chargers:
- Terra 51: a 50 kW fast charger
- Terra Charge Post: A small envelope fast-charge post for use with their Base station.
- Terra Base station: A cabinet with the power electronics that can connect up to 4 charge posts.
- Luna: A retrofit box to convert an electric car to CHAdeMO.
- , Jaarverslag TUDelft Highlights 2006
- Holland to Have Europe’s First Commercial EV Charging Station in Leeuwarden (Preparing for LEAF?) | Electric Vehicles
- Epyon Unveils Fast Charger for Electric Vehicles During Nissan LEAF Tour in Amsterdam—Autoblog Green
- Epyon: News
- Epyon Opens Europe's First Commercial Fast-Charging EV Station | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World , Inhabitat
- Epyon Unveils Fast Charger for Electric Vehicles During Nissan LEAF Tour in Amsterdam—Autoblog Green - autoblog.com
- Epyon laadt elektrisch voertuig binnen kwartier op
- TU Delta - Archief: Batterijen opgepast, de supercondensatoren vallen aan
- Epyon B.V.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek
- http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachricht/3026716-epyon-introduces-first-electric-vehicle-ac-dc-combo-charge-post[dead link]
- Epyon Raises EU7 Million in Equity to Scale up Its EV Fast-Charger Business
- Epyon opens Europe's first commercial fast-charging station for EVs
- TERRA: Epyon’s New Fast Charging Station For EV’s - Ecofriend