|Headquarters||Rijswijk, the Netherlands|
|Hans Streng (CEO), Crijn Bouman, Wouter Robers, Wouter Smit (founders)|
|Products||Fast Chargers for electric vehicles|
Number of employees
|50 (FTE, 2010)|
Epyon is a Dutch company that produces fast-chargers for electric vehicles.
Epyon opened Europe’s first commercial fast-charging station in May 2010 in the Netherlands. The system can deliver 50 kilowatts of power to charge a nine-person taxi van in 30 minutes. Epyon’s system offers the ability to charge multiple vehicles at the same time, remote configuration, and an Internet-based system that lets Dutch utility Essent bill customers for use. The Netherlands-based station will be used to charge two nine-person taxi van EVs from local taxi company Kijlstra.
Epyon's charge stations are compliant with the CHAdeMO standard, which is used by the Nissan Leaf and the Mitsubishi i MiEV. Epyon's charging station can provide an 80 percent charge for the Leaf's 24-kWh battery pack in about 30 minutes. 
Epyon started in 2006 based on advances of nanotechnology in batteries. The first product of Epyon was a 1-minute telephone charger called the FlashPack. The FlashPack had an internal battery or super capacitor that could be charged in under a minute. Epyon abandoned the telephone market to serve the Electric Vehicle market before the FlashPack reached the stores.
On June 30, 2011 ABB has acquired Epyon.
On May 20, 2014 Epyon was recognized as the Cleantech startup of the Decade. 
Epyon builds CHAdeMO certified chargers:
- Terra 51: a 50 kW fast charger
- Terra Charge Post: A small envelope fast-charge post for use with their Base station.
- Terra Base station: A cabinet with the power electronics that can connect up to 4 charge posts.
- Luna: A retrofit box to convert an electric car to CHAdeMO.
- , Jaarverslag TUDelft Highlights 2006
- Holland to Have Europe’s First Commercial EV Charging Station in Leeuwarden (Preparing for LEAF?) | Electric Vehicles
- Epyon Unveils Fast Charger for Electric Vehicles During Nissan LEAF Tour in Amsterdam—Autoblog Green
- Epyon: News
- Epyon Opens Europe's First Commercial Fast-Charging EV Station | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World , Inhabitat
- Epyon Unveils Fast Charger for Electric Vehicles During Nissan LEAF Tour in Amsterdam—Autoblog Green - autoblog.com
- Epyon laadt elektrisch voertuig binnen kwartier op
- TU Delta - Archief: Batterijen opgepast, de supercondensatoren vallen aan
- Epyon B.V.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek
- http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachricht/3026716-epyon-introduces-first-electric-vehicle-ac-dc-combo-charge-post[dead link]
- Epyon Raises EU7 Million in Equity to Scale up Its EV Fast-Charger Business
- Epyon opens Europe's first commercial fast-charging station for EVs
- TERRA: Epyon’s New Fast Charging Station For EV’s - Ecofriend