From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up exposure in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Exposure may refer to:
Law and Finance
- Abandonment, multiple meanings in law
- Indecent exposure, the display of unclothed parts of the human body that is against local custom and law
- Potential for damages
- An insurance company's potential to provide coverage under an insurance policy
- Market exposure, a measure of the proportion of money invested in the same industry sector
- Publicity, an activity designed to rouse public interest
- Exposure (photography), the quantity of light or other radiation reaching a photographic film (or sensor), as determined by shutter speed and lens aperture
- Exposure value, a value given to all combinations of camera shutter speed and aperture that gives the same exposure
Science and medicine
- A condition of very poor health or death resulting from lack of protection over prolonged periods under weather, extreme temperatures or dangerous substances. Examples: Hypothermia and sunburn
- Exposure assessment, in the context of epidemiology and risk assessment
- Mere-exposure effect, a psychological artefact
- In geology, an occurrence of a rock at the Earth's surface - an outcrop
- In biology, contact of an organism with a harmful agent (for example, chemicals)
- Ionizing radiation, or radiation exposure
- In experimental particle physics (in particular beam experiments or flux measurements), the product of the detector mass times the duration of the experiment, sometimes also multiplied by a measure of the intensity of the incoming flux
- Exposure (heights), in climbing, the degree of risk in the event of a fall
Film and TV
- Exposure (magic), the practice of revealing the secrets of magic to non-magicians
- Exposure (U.S. TV series), a short film anthology series on Sci-Fi Channel from 2000–2002
- Exposure (UK TV series), a current affairs strand on ITV which began in 2011
- Exposure, another name for the 1991 movie A Grande Arte starring Peter Coyote as a photographer
- "Exposure" (The Unit), an episode of the television series The Unit
- "Exposure" (Dark Angel), an episode of the television series Dark Angel
- Exposure (Peet novel), a 2008 sports novel by Mal Peet
- Exposure (Reichs novel), a 2014 novel in the Virals series by Kathy and Brendan Reichs
- The Exposures, a pseudonym for the German electronic musician Jan Jelinek
- "Exposure", a song from Projector (album) by Dark Tranquillity
- "Exposure", a song from Peter Gabriel's self-titled 1978 album.
- Exposure therapy, a treatment method for anxiety disorders
- Expose (disambiguation)
- Double exposure (disambiguation)
- Time exposure (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Exposure"
- All pages with titles containing "Exposure"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Exposure.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.