From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from FAS)
|Look up Fas or FAS in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fas can mean the following:
- Fas receptor, an important cell surface receptor protein of the TNF receptor family known also as CD95, that induces apoptosis on binding Fas ligand.
- Fes, Morocco, the third largest city in Morocco, as an alternate spelling
- Poti, Georgia, a port city in Georgia
- Latin for "permissible, right" as a concept of ancient Roman religion; see Glossary of ancient Roman religion#fas
FAS can stand for:
- Architecture and Surveying Institute, formerly the Faculty of Architects and Surveyors
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Fatty acid synthase
- Federal Aid Highway System, roads built in the United States with funds provided by the federal government
- Federally assisted secondary road, roads built in the United States with funds provided by the federal government
- Federation of American Scientists, a non-profit organization formed in 1945 by scientists from the Manhattan Project
- Federation of Astronomical Societies, an international union of astronomical societies formed in 1974
- Feedback arc set, a concept in graph theory
- Femmes Africa Solidarité
- Ferrous Ammonium Sulfate (Mohr's Salt), a light green crystalline solid with the formula Fe(SO4)2(NH4)2.6H2O (CAS number: 10045-89-3)
- Fetal alcohol syndrome, permanent and often devastating birth-defect syndromes caused by maternal overconsumption of alcohol during pregnancy
- Fiat Automobili Srbija, an automobile manufacturing company based in Kragujevac, Serbia
- Financial Accounting Standard, a standard determined by the Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Final assembly schedule, schedule for items to finish in a make-to-order (MTO) or assemble-to-order (ATO) environment.
- Football Association of Serbia
- Football Association of Singapore
- Foras Áiseanna Saothair, a state agency in the Republic of Ireland, with responsibility for assisting those seeking employment.
- Forced Auto Stop, a hypermiling technique involving turning off an automobile's internal combustion engine, shifting into neutral and coasting down hills to reduce gasoline use.
- Foreign Accent Syndrome, a rare medical condition whereby a person acquires a different accent when speaking their own language, usually as a result of brain damage.
- Foreign Agricultural Service, the part of the United States Department of Agriculture that has primary responsibility for overseas programs
- Free African Society, an 18th-century African-American community.
- Free Alongside Ship, an Incoterm
- Freedom and Solidarity, a conservative liberal political party in Slovakia
- Fuerzas Armadas de España, the Spanish Armed Forces
- Club Deportivo FAS, a Salvadoran football club
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.