|فاطمه معتمد آریا
Fatemeh Motamed-Arya at the Mehrafarin Charity, during a ceremony on March 3, 2008 at the Niavaran Cultural Center
October 29, 1961
|Spouse(s)||Ahmad Hamed (m. 1981)|
|Children||Nariman (b. 1982)|
Fatemeh Motamed-Arya (Persian: فاطمه معتمد آریا , born 29 October 1961 in Tehran) is a multi-award winning Iranian actress. Motamed-Arya received her degree in theatre from Daneshsaraye Honar Tehran. She first got involved in Theater during her teen years. She emerged as one of the most celebrated actresses of Post-revolutionary Iranian cinema. She has been nominated nine times for best actress at the Fajr International Film Festival and won the Crystal Simorgh four times.
- Reyhaneh (1989)
- Nassereddin Shah, Actor-e Cinema (1992 - aka Once Upon a Time, Cinema)
- Mosaferan (1992 - aka Travelers)
- Honarpisheh (1993 - aka The Actor)
- Hamsar (1994 - aka Spouse)
- Rusari Abi (1995 - aka Blue Veiled)
- Mard-e Avazi (1998)
- Eynak-e doodi (2000)
- Azizam man kook nistam (2002)
- Abadan (2003)
- Gilaneh (2004)
- Taghato' (2005 - aka Crossroads)
- Men at Work (2005)
- Zire Tigh (2006 - TV Series)
- Shirin (2007)
- Niloofar (2007)
- Ashpazbashi (2009 - TV Series)
- Here Without Me (2011)
Awards and honors
- Nominee, Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, 6th Fajr Film Festival, 1988, for Jahizieh Baraye Robab
- Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, 7th Fajr Film Festival, 1989, for Barahoot
- Nominee, Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress, 8th Fajr Film Festival, 1990, for Reihaneh
- Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, 10th Fajr Film Festival, 1992, for Mosaferan
- Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress, 11th Fajr Film Festival, 1993, for Yekbar Baraye Hamisheh
- Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress, 12th Fajr Film Festival, 1994, for Hamsar
- Nominee, Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress, 13th Fajr Film Festival, 1995, for Blue-veiled
- Nominee, Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress, 18th Fajr Film Festival, 2000, for Eshgh Bealaveh do
- Nominee, Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress, 22nd Fajr Film Festival, 2004, for Naneh Gilaneh
- Montréal Film Festival best actress prize for her role in the Iranian film “Here without Me 2011
- Vincennes International Festival, France, Henri Langlois prize for actress and "Cinema of the World", 2012
Fatemeh Motamed Arya was invited to be in Los Angeles as part of a film seminar series on Iranian films. It was reported that Iran barred Motamed-Arya and another filmmaker from leaving Iran because of their political activities.
After receiving Henri-Langlois Prix 2012 award at the ceremony, Motamed-Arya said, “Tonight we have a common reason for being together. Without thinking about our homeland or mother tongue, we share peace and beauty here and take our portion.
“Cinema taught us love, kindness and sharing of this life. To remember that despite our language, color and religion we love each other as human beings.”
She is married to film producer and script writer Ahmad-Ali Hamed. They live in Tehran and have a son together.
Fatemeh Motamed-Arya has been selected as the ambassador of the Mehrafarin Charity Society, during a ceremony on March 3, 2008 at the Niavaran Cultural Center.
- "Fatemeh Motamed Aria" (in Persian). IranActor.com. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
- "Les lauréats des Prix Henri-Langlois 2012". Ville de Vincennes. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "Movie Makers Barred From Leaving Iran for AMPAS LA Film Series". Digital Journal. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "Actress Motamed-Arya appointed envoy of Mehrafarin Charity". Payvand. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fatemeh Motamed-Aria.|