Ferry Pass, Florida
|Ferry Pass, Florida|
Location in Escambia County and the state of Florida
|• Total||21.0 sq mi (54.3 km2)|
|• Land||13.9 sq mi (36.1 km2)|
|• Water||7.0 sq mi (18.2 km2)|
|Elevation||131 ft (40 m)|
|• Density||2,075/sq mi (801.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0282438|
Ferry Pass is a census-designated place (CDP) in Escambia County, Florida, United States. The population was 28,921 at the 2010 census. It is a principal city of the Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Ferry Pass is located at (30.512395, -87.201491).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 21.0 square miles (54.3 km2), of which 13.9 square miles (36.1 km2) is land and 7.0 square miles (18.2 km2), or 33.57%, is water, consisting of a portion of Escambia Bay. The boundaries of the CDP include Greenbriar Boulevard to the north, Ensley to the west, the city of Pensacola to the south, and Escambia Bay to the east.
As of the census of 2000, there were 27,176 people, 11,569 households, and 6,686 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,929.6 people per square mile (745.2/km²). There were 12,700 housing units at an average density of 901.8/sq mi (348.3/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 83.79% White, 10.60% African American, 0.61% Native American, 1.90% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.78% from other races, and 2.27% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.72% of the population.
There were 11,569 households out of which 23.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.4% were married couples living together, 10.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 42.2% were non-families. 32.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.17 and the average family size was 2.77.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 18.3% under the age of 18, 13.9% from 18 to 24, 28.7% from 25 to 44, 21.5% from 45 to 64, and 17.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 86.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $38,674, and the median income for a family was $47,298. Males had a median income of $34,027 versus $23,892 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $22,165. About 7.7% of families and 12.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.9% of those under age 18 and 7.1% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ferry Pass CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "METROPOLITAN STATISTICAL AREAS AND COMPONENTS, December 2005, WITH CODES". Archived from the original on 2008-03-29. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Boundary Map and Geodata for the CDP of Ferry Pass in Florida. MapTechnica. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- Escambia County School District