|Location||2 Stadium Way
Lakewood, NJ 08701
|Broke ground||April 17, 2000|
|Opened||April 6, 2001|
|Owner||Lakewood Development Corporation|
|Operator||Lakewood Development Corporation|
|Construction cost||$20 million
($25.4 million in 2013 dollars)
|Project manager||Epic Group, Inc.|
|Services engineer||Henderson Engineers, Inc.|
|General contractor||Hill International|
|Field dimensions||Left: 325 feet (99 m)
Center: 400 feet (120 m)
Right: 325 feet (99 m)
FirstEnergy Park is a stadium in Lakewood Township, New Jersey. It is primarily used for baseball and is the home field of the Lakewood BlueClaws single A minor league baseball team, affiliated with the Philadelphia Phillies Major League Baseball team. It is also used for outdoor concerts, featuring touring musical artists such as Bob Dylan. It was built in 2001 and has 6,588 seats and seats 8,000 with berm seating.
The team attendance record is 13,003, set on August 26, 2002. FirstEnergy Park has held 13 crowds over 9,000 and 81 crowds over 8,000 in just eight years of play.
Recently, it was announced that FirstEnergy Park is featured in Baseball America's 2009 Great Parks calendar. It is the second time that the home of the Lakewood BlueClaws was highlighted in the calendar.
The ballpark features two general admission, grass seating areas, one in left field and another in right, 20 luxury suites, two party decks, three picnic areas, and a full video scoreboard, with a 23' x 23' video board that can play over 4.4 trillion shades of color in high definition.
- Shamlin, Wilford S. (April 18, 2000). "Lakewood Builds It; Hopes Fans Will Come". Ashbury Park Press. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- "Claws' Comeback Falls Short". Ashbury Park Press. April 7, 2001. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- "Coming Attractions". SportsBusiness Journal. May 8, 2000. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2013. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- EPIC - Entertainment - Lakewood - Lakewood Stadium
- Sports/Recreation - Henderson Engineers, Inc.
- Hill International Buildings: Sports Facilities
- "BlueClaws Cap Crowds at 8,000". Lakewood Blueclaws. March 5, 2012. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Hill, Benjamin (February 12, 2009). "At Home With the BlueClaws". Minor League Baseball. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- FirstEnergy Park Lakewood, New Jersey - Ballparkreviews.com
- BlueClaws official website
- FirstEnergy Park Views - Ball Parks of the Minor Leagues
- Parks: Township of Lakewood, NJ