First Amendment (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The First Amendment or Amendment One/1 may refer to the:
- First Amendment to the United States Constitution, regarding freedom of speech, freedom of the press, religious freedom, freedom of assembly, and right to petition. Also used to describe related legal cases and issues (e.g. "first amendment argument").
- Australian Constitution Alteration (Senate Elections) Act, 1906, the first amendment to the Australian constitution
- First Amendment of the Constitution of India, which amended several of the Fundamental Rights in India
- First Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland, passed during World War II, concerning the declaration of a national emergency
- First Amendment to the Constitution of Pakistan, which accounted for the secession of Bangladesh
- First Amendment of the Constitution of South Africa, which made three technical changes
- North Carolina Amendment 1, making marriage between one man and one woman the only domestic legal union
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.