January 16, 1965 |
|Occupation||historian, archaeologist, academic|
Florin Curta (born January 16, 1965) is a Romanian-born American historian, medievalist and archaeologist on Eastern Europe. He works in the field of the Balkan history and is a Professor of Medieval History and Archaeology at the University of Florida in Gainesville, USA.
- The Making of the Slavs: History and Archaeology of the Lower Danube Region, C. 500-700. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 2001. ISBN 0-521-80202-4.
- Southeastern Europe in the Middle Ages, 500–1250. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 2006. ISBN 978-0-521-89452-4.
- The Edinburgh History of the Greeks, c. 500 to 1050: The Early Middle Ages. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press. 2011. ISBN 978-0-7486-3809-3.
- "Personal page of Florin Curta on University of Florida". Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Interview with Florin Curta". Medievalists.net. January 2007. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
|This biographical article about a Romanian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|