From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 9/11 Memorial at Flushing Cemetery.
|Location||Flushing, New York|
|Find a Grave||Flushing Cemetery|
|The Political Graveyard||Flushing Cemetery|
- Louis Armstrong (1901–1971), musician and singer
- Bernard Baruch (1870–1965), financier, after whom Baruch College is named
- Eugene Bullard (1895–1961), the first Black military pilot
- Ellis Parker Butler (1869–1937), author of Pigs is Pigs
- Dr. Adam Clayton Powell, Sr.
- Dizzy Gillespie (1917–1993), jazz trumpet player
- Hermann Grab, writer
- Johnny Hodges, long-time Ellington band sideman and soloist
- Thomas Birdsall Jackson, United States Congressman
- Jan Matulka, Modern artist
- Lemuel E. Quigg, United States Representative from New York
- May Robson, actress
- Vincent Sardi, Sr., founder of Sardi's restaurant.
- Hazel Scott, musician
- Aris San, Greek singer who spent most of his life in Israel and United States.
- Frederic Storm (1844-1935), US Representative for New York (1901-03)
- Jo Van Fleet, actress
- "Flushing Cemetery". Forgotten NY. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
|This article about a location in Queens, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|