Ford Falcon (XY)
Ford XY Falcon
|Also called||XY Futura
|Production||October 1970 – March 1972|
Port Elizabeth, South Africa 
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan
5-door station wagon
2-door coupe utility
2-door panel van
F4 layout 
|Engine||200 cu in (3.3 L) I6
250 cu in (4.1 L) I6
302 cu in (4.9 L) V8
351 cu in (5.8 L) V8
3-speed “Cruisomatic” automatic
|Curb weight||1362 kg|
The Ford XY Falcon is a car which was produced by Ford Australia from 1970 to 1972.
The XY Falcon was released in October 1970 replacing the XW Falcon. The XY was a facelift of the XW, featuring a new divided grille and redesigned tail lights. Improvements were made to seating, safety equipment and ride quality.
The XY Falcon range featured eight passenger vehicles and three commercial models.
- Ford Falcon Sedan
- Ford Falcon Wagon
- Ford Falcon 500 Sedan
- Ford Falcon 500 Wagon
- Ford Futura Sedan
- Ford Fairmont Sedan
- Ford Fairmont Wagon
- Ford Falcon GT Sedan
- Ford Falcon Utility
- Ford Falcon Van
- Ford Falcon 500 Utility
Futura and Fairmont models, whilst marketed as part of the XY Falcon range, were not officially referred to or badged as Falcons.
A GS Rally Pack was available as an option on Falcon 500, Futura and Fairmont Sedans and Wagons.
Falcon GTHO Phase III
Falcon 4-wheel-drive utility
New 200 cu in (3.3 L) and 250 cu in (4.1 L) inline six-cylinder engines replaced the smaller-capacity sixes offered in the XW and the 302 cu in (4.9 L) and 351 cu in (5.8 L) V8s were carried over from the previous range.
- Springbock Supercars - Aussie Style, Australian Muscle Car, Issue 10, Nov/Dec 2003, page 16 to 17
- Norm Darwin, The History of Ford in Australia, 1986, page 165
- Tony Davis, Aussie Cars, 1987, page 118
- Ford Falcon XY Retrieved from www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au on 17 February 2010
- Falcon XY Technical Specifications Retrieved from www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au on 17 February 2010
- Ford XY Falcon sales brochure, Ford Sales Company of Australia Limited
- Ford XY Falcon sales brochure, Ford Sales Company of Australia Limited, pages 22–23
- Glass’s Dealer Guide, South Australian & Northern Territory Edition, June 1973, page 54
- AC Bushby, The Australian Ford Falcon Collection, 1989, pages 136–137
- AC Bushby, The Australian Ford Falcon Collection, 1989, pages 163–164
- Ford XY GTHO Phase III Technical Specifications Retrieved from www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au on 17 February 2010
- Tony Davis, Aussie Cars, 1987, page 129