|Traded as||NASDAQ: FORR|
|Founded||1983 by George F. Colony|
|Headquarters||60 Acorn Park Drive, Cambridge, MA|
Number of employees
|1,218 (as of September 30, 2012)|
Forrester Research is an independent technology and market research company that provides advice on existing and potential impact of technology, to its clients and the public. Forrester Research has five research centers in the US: Cambridge, Massachusetts; New York, New York; San Francisco, California; Washington, D.C.; and Dallas, Texas. It also has four European research centers in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, and Paris and four research centers in the APAC region in New Delhi, Singapore, Beijing, and Sydney . The firm has 27 sales locations worldwide. It offers a variety of services including syndicated research on technology as it relates to business, quantitative market research on consumer technology adoption as well as enterprise IT spending, research-based consulting and advisory services, events, workshops, teleconferences, and executive peer-networking programs.
Forrester Research was founded in July 1983 by George Forrester Colony, now chairman of the board and chief executive officer, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company's first report, "The Professional Automation Report," was published in November 1983. In November 1996, Forrester announced its initial public offering of 2,300,000 shares. In February 2000, the company announced its secondary public offering of 626,459 shares. The company acquired Fletcher Research, a British Internet research firm, in November 1999; FORIT GmbH, a German market research and consulting firm, in October 2000 and Giga Information Group, a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based information technology research and consulting company, in February 2003. In July 2008, Forrester announced the acquisition of New York City-based JupiterResearch. Forrester acquired Strategic Oxygen on December 1, 2009, and Springboard Research on May 12, 2011.
- George F. Colony, Chairman of the Board, President, and CEO
- Michael Doyle, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Morhardt, Chief Sales Officer
- Gail S. Mann, Chief Legal Officer And Secretary
- Steven Peltzman, Chief Business Technology Officer
- Dennis van Lingen, Managing Director, Marketing & Strategy Client Group; Chief Europe, Middle East, & Africa Officer
- Lucia Quinn, Chief People Officer
- Hong Kong*
- McLean, Virginia
- Mexico City*
- New Delhi
- New York
- San Francisco
- São Paulo*
- Tel Aviv
- * Indicates independent sales representatives.
- Aite Group
- AMR Research (bought by Gartner)
- Aberdeen Group
- ABI Research
- Altimeter Group
- Berg Insight
- TechSci Research
- Real Story Group (Formerly, CMS Watch)
- Constellation Research, Inc.
- Digital Clarity Group
- Demand Metric Research Corp
- The 451 Group
- GigaOM Pro
- The Gilbane Group
- Gleanster Research
- HfS Research
- Info-Tech Research Group
- IANS (formerly the Institute of Applied Network Security)
- Leading Edge Forum
- Nemertes Research
- Ovum Ltd.
- Yankee Group
- TechCast Project
- Solutions Review
On January 31, 2006, the company announced that on January 26, 2006 its independent registered public accounting firm, BDO Seidman, LLP, informed the company that it had incorrectly accounted for performance-based stock options to purchase 940,500 shares of common stock granted on March 31, 2005.
- BNet, "Forrester Research to acquire Giga Information Group for 0.74 times revenue"
- Forbes Magazine, "Forrester Buys JupiterResearch For $23 Million"
- "Forrester Research Corrects Second Quarter And Third Quarter 2005 Non-Cash Stock Based Compensation Accounting Error".