|Headquarters||Fremont, California, United States
With offices in:
|Key people||Xiong Yuqian (Founder and Chairman of the Board)|
|Products||Foxit Reader and other PDF software|
Foxit Corporation is an Amazon-invested leading software provider of solutions for reading, editing, creating, organizing, and securing PDF documents. Headquartered in Fremont, CA, USA, Foxit has operations worldwide in China, Belgium, Japan, and Taiwan. Foxit is focused on PDF solutions with over 100 experienced PDF engineers. Winner of numerous awards, Foxit boasts over 150 million users, has sold to over 95,000 customers located in over 190 countries. Since Foxit products are ISO 32000-1/PDF 1.7 standard compliant, they are compatible with other PDF products like those from Adobe®.
Foxit was founded in 2001, Foxit released its flagship product, Foxit Reader in 2004 along with its best selling desktop product, Foxit PDF Editor, which became PhantomPDF in 2011. In 2009, Foxit Software Company was incorporated as Foxit Corporation.
Foxit was awarded the Minority Global Technology Firm of the Year in August 2011 by the Minority Business Development Association (MBDA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The award recognizes firms for establishing best practices and for their exemplary accomplishments in advancing minority business enterprises.
Foxit Corporation’s products offerings include:
- Foxit Reader - Small, fast, and feature rich PDF viewer which allows you to open, view, and print any PDF file. Unlike other free PDF readers, Foxit Reader also includes easy to use collaboration features like the ability to add annotations, fill out forms, and share content with social networks. It is designed to meet the PDF viewing needs of enterprise and government organizations, making it easy to deploy and manage in large enterprise environments. Foxit Reader can also be customized to specific product features and branding.
- Foxit PhantomPDF Standard - Expands upon PhantomPDF Express by allowing users to edit PDF document contents. Robust security features keep documents safe, including encryption and digital signature. The form design tools let users develop PDF forms. OCR support converts scanned or image-based content into selectable and searchable text.
- Foxit PhantomPDF Business - Robust for the needs of businesses, it expands upon PhantomPDF Standard by providing advanced editing and security features. Policy protects PDF documents through Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Service. Permanently remove (redact) visible text and images to protect confidential information.
- Foxit PDF IFilter - Super-fast indexing allows users to index a large amount of PDF documents and then quickly search these documents using popular search engines. Built on Microsoft's IFilter indexing interface, Foxit PDF IFilter extracts data from PDF documents and returns the index results to search engine software. It indexes PDF content, titles, subjects, authors, keywords, bookmarks, attachments, create time/date, number of pages, and the names of the creating applications.
- Foxit PDF Security Suite - Delivers cost effective PDF policy protection to any business running Microsoft® SharePoint® or Exchange® with Active Directory® Rights Management Services (AD RMS). For organizations that incorporate AD RMS that need to include rights management to PDF files, Foxit PDF Security Suite seamlessly extends Microsoft AD RMS to provide policy protection to PDF documents in SharePoint®, Exchange®, and/or desktop solutions. These protected PDF documents can be read by the AD RMS-aware Foxit Reader.
- Foxit Software Development Kits (SDKs) - enable developers and device manufacturers to leverage Foxit's award winning PDF technology in their applications and devices. The SDKs allow developers to incorporate powerful PDF technology to view, search, and annotate PDF. The SDKs provide these capabilities in an easy to integrate, platform independent solution that allows developers to reduce time to market by developing features once and then easily port these capabilities to other platforms.
Customers typically choose Foxit products for their:
- High Performance - Speeds three times faster than any other PDF software.
- Lightweight footprint - Won't exhaust system resource and deploys quickly.
- Great value / affordability - The right features at the right price with email and phone support.
- Security - Safeguards confidential information.
- Customer Support - Available when you need them to quickly satisfy customer needs.
- "Foxit Named Minority Global Technology Firm of the Year". Marketwire. 'August 4, 2011. Retrieved December 7, 2011.