Francis Denzil Edward Baring, 5th Baron Ashburton
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (May 2014)|
Francis Denzil Edward Baring, 5th Baron Ashburton (20 July 1866 – 27 March 1938) was a British peer and politician.
He was the son of Alexander Hugh Baring, 4th Baron Ashburton and Hon. Leonora Caroline Digby. He married, firstly, Hon. Mabel Edith Hood, daughter of Francis Wheler Hood, 4th Viscount Hood of Whitley and Edith Lydia Drummond Ward, on 25 July 1889 at St. George's Church, St. George Street, Hanover Square, London, England. He married, secondly, Frances Donnelly, daughter of James Caryll Donnelly, on 19 February 1906 in Paris, France.
He succeeded to the title of 5th Baron Ashburton, of Ashburton, Devon [U.K., 1835] on 18 July 1889 and took his seat in the House of Lords. He gained the rank of Major in the service of the Hampshire Yeomanry (Carabiniers). He held the office of Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) of Hampshire.
Children of Francis Denzil Edward Baring, 5th Baron Ashburton and Hon. Mabel Edith Hood :
- Hon. Venetia Marjorie Mabel Baring (30 Apr 1890-15 Jul 1937)
- Hon. Aurea Versa Baring (11 Aug 1891-26 Nov 1975)
- Hon. Angela Mildred Baring (9 Dec 1893-13 Mar 1995)
- Hon. Violet Alma Madeline Baring (12 Sep 1895-18 Jul 1924)
- Alexander Francis St. Vincent Baring, 6th Baron Ashburton (7 Apr 1898-12 Jun 1991)