GE Intelligent Platforms
|Private (subsidiary of General Electric)|
|Industry||Industrial Internet technology solutions|
|Founded||Charlottesville, Virginia (1987)|
|Headquarters||Charlottesville, Virginia, USA|
|Jim Walsh, General Manager, Software and Services & Bernie Anger General Manager, Control Solutions and Embedded|
|Products||Industrial software, control solutions, and embedded computing platforms|
The company designs, manufactures and sells software that helps make the Industrial Internet real, which includes a portfolio of HMI/SCADA, industrial data intelligence, asset performance management, manufacturing execution system (MES) solutions, and work process management; Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs), PLC, motion products, operator interface equipment, embedded systems, and a complete line of programming and visualization software.
GE Intelligent Platforms works across industries, including manufacturing, water, mining, oil & gas, power, and defense and aerospace. 
In 1986, GE Fanuc Automation Corporation was jointly established in the U.S.A. by FANUC and General Electric. Under the new joint venture (JV) company, three operating companies, GE Fanuc Automation North America, Inc., in the U.S.A., GE Fanuc Automation Europe S.A. in Luxembourg, and Fanuc GE Automation Asia Ltd. in Japan were established (the Asian company was established in 1987).
In 2007, the company was renamed to GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms (and GE Fanuc Automation Solutions Europe SA became GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms Europe SA). GE Fanuc Automation CNC Europe changed its name to Fanuc GE CNC Europe.
In 2009, GE and Fanuc agreed to dissolve joint venture and the software, controls and embedded business became part of GE, under the new name GE Intelligent Platforms.
- 1998: completed acquisition of AFE Technologies (first purchased 70% in late 1996)
- 1998: acquired Total Control Products
- 2000: acquired DataViews Corp
- 2001: acquired VMIC
- 2002: acquired Intellution, Inc.
- 2003: acquired RAMiX
- 2003: acquired Mountain Systems, Inc.
- 2006: acquired (technology assets of) Condor Engineering
- 2006: acquired SBS Technologies
- 2006: acquired Radstone Technology PLC
- 2008: acquired process technology assets from MTL Instruments Group
- 2011: acquired SmartSignal, Inc
- 2011: acquired (technology assets of) CSense Systems (Pty) Ltd.
- "The Industrial Internet: Big Machines, Big Data, Big Impact". Forbes. 2015.
- "GE launches Proficy Monitoring & Analytics Suite 2.0". Design World. 2014.
- "From Asset and System Monitoring to Enterprise Optimization". Control. 2014.
- "GE Annual Report 2014" (PDF).