|Residence||Rye, New Hampshire|
|Alma mater||Bentley University|
|Home town||Waltham, Massachusetts|
|Spouse(s)||Scott Brown (1986-present)|
Gail Huff is an American retired broadcast journalist, and the wife of Scott Brown, former United States Senator from Massachusetts. Huff worked with WJLA-TV in Washington, D.C.., after seventeen years for WCVB-TV, the ABC affiliate in Boston, Massachusetts.
Huff's broadcast journalism career began with Greenville, North Carolina-based WNCT-TV in 1984. In 1986, she joined WLNE-TV in Providence, Rhode Island as a general assignment reporter. She later held the same position at WFSB-TV, in Hartford, Connecticut in 1989. All three television stations were CBS affiliates.
Huff was employed as a reporter at WCVB-TV since 1993, working the 3-10 A.M. shift, while her daughters, Ayla Brown and Arianna were growing up. During her husband's campaign, Huff stayed away from news assignments that may have affected her husband's election prospects, and never appeared at campaign events until Brown's victory speech on January 20, 2010. She resigned her position at WCVB-TV six months later, citing family considerations. Later in 2010, she took a position with WJLA-TV in Washington, D.C.. On February 28 2013, she resigned from WJLA-TV, and moved with her husband, to Rye, New Hampshire.
Personal life and education
Huff was born in Winterset, Iowa where her father was a medical doctor, an epidemiologist. In 1978, her family moved to Waltham, Massachusetts. She graduated from Waltham High School in 1980 and attended Bentley University, earning a bachelor degree in business communications. She attended graduate classes at Emerson College before beginning her broadcast career in 1984 with Greenville, North Carolina-based WNCT-TV. At one time, she hosted a parenting series on the Lifetime Television network that featured child psychologist Dr. Penelope Leach. Huff starred in singer Digney Fignus' 1984 music video for the song "The Girl With The Curious Hand."
- Defoe, Jennifer Kain, "The Senator's Wife, Gail Huff, Goes to Washington", Southern New England Living
- McGlothlen, John, "Massachusetts Senator-elect Scott Brown has Iowa ties", The Des Moines Register, 21 January 2010
- Beaumont, Tom, "As you expected, an Iowa connection to Massachusetts Senate race", The Des Moines Register, Jan 20, 2010
- "Staff Bio: Gail Huff", WJLA-TV
- "Gail Huff". Local News - Station. WCVB-TV5. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- Kahn, Joseph P. (January 21, 2010). "A tough balancing act for wife, reporter Huff". Boston Globe.
- "At Home With Gail Huff and Scott Brown" (Abstract only). Boston Globe. February 1, 2001.
- Shanahan, Mark; Goldstein, Meredith (June 8, 2010). "Huff is leaving Ch. 5". The Boston Globe.
- Strzemien, Anya (January 21, 2010). "Scott Brown's Wife Music VIDEO: Gail Huff's RACY 'Girl With The Curious Hand' (PHOTOS)". Huffington Post.
- "Reporter Gail Huff Takes The Navy Seal Challenge".
- "Gail Huff's Two Lives: Scott Brown's Wife Is Also Boston TV Reporter", The Huffington Post, March 22, 2010
- Fee, Gayle; Raposa, Laura, "‘Curious Hand’ of fate touches on newsgal’s past", The Boston Herald, Thursday, October 15, 2009
- "The Girl with the Curious Hand by Digney Fignus Starring Gail Huff, CBS Video".
- Shanahan, Mark; Goldstein, Meredith, "Huff is leaving Channel 5", The Boston Globe, June 8, 2010