|No. 23, 1, 14|
April 21, 1965 |
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Canton McKinley
|NBA draft||1988 / Round: 1 / Pick: 15th overall|
|Selected by the Seattle SuperSonics|
|Pro playing career||1988–2002|
|1988–1995||Los Angeles Clippers|
|1995–1996||New York Knicks|
|1997||Yakima Sun Kings (CBA)|
|1998||Portland Trail Blazers|
|1999–2000||Portland Trail Blazers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NBA statistics|
|Points||4,368 (7.9 ppg)|
|Assists||3,013 (5.5 apg)|
|Rebounds||1,283 (2.3 rpg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
He was selected in the 1988 NBA Draft by the Seattle SuperSonics, but was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers before the 1988-89 season started. There he remained for seven years before moving on to the New York Knicks, the Miami Heat, and the Portland Trail Blazers. While playing for the Clippers, he was featured in the 1992 film Miracle Beach.
During the 2010–11 NCAA Division I men's basketball season while playing for the 2010–11 Michigan Wolverines team, Darius Morris surpassed Grant's school record single-season assist total set for the 1987–88 team. The following season Trey Burke broke Grant's freshman season assist total record. Grant continues to hold several Michigan records including career starts (128), career assists (731), career steals (total and per game), career minutes, career turnovers, single-season assists per game, single-season steals (total and per game, 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for both), single-season turnovers, single-game assists, and single-game steals.
Grant has three children with Tammie Grant: Taryn, Mahogany, and Piper.
- "Gary Grant - IMDb profile".
- "Postgame Notes: #3 Duke 73, Michigan 71". CBS Interactive. 2011-03-20. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- Rothstein, Michael (2012-03-01). "Burke breaks freshman assists mark: Point guard surpasses record held for more than 25 years by U-M great Gary Grant". ESPN. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "All-Time Records". MGoBlue.com. CBS Interactive. p. 8. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- San Diego State basketball