Genuine Parts Company
|Traded as||NYSE: GPC|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Thomas C. Gallagher, CEO|
Number of employees
Founded in 1928, the company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and employs 31,700 people. It specializes in replacement parts for cars and other industrial machines and is the parent company of National Automotive Parts Association (NAPA). The Automotive Parts Group, the largest division of GPC, distributes over 380,000 products through its 58 NAPA distribution centers located across the United States. J. Hicks Lanier is a director.
It also consists of NAPA Canada/UAP Inc., Canada's leading automotive parts distributor, as well as Auto Todo, one of Mexico's largest automotive aftermarket organizations. Additionally, they operate their heavy vehicle parts distribution business under the name TW Distribution and Traction, and their import parts distribution operations under the name Altrom. Approximately 5,800 NAPA Auto Part stores, around 1,000 of which are company owned, are serviced by the auto parts segment of the company, which accounted for 51% of their profits in 2005.
Besides the Automotive Parts Group, GPC also has the following divisions:
- Industrial Parts Group, d.b.a. Motion Industries
- Office Products Group, d.b.a. S.P. Richards Company
- Based in Atlanta, Georgia, S.P. Richards Company distributes over 50,000 business products from 45 distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada to thousands of office product resellers, including independent dealers, large contract stationers, national office supply superstores, mail order distributors, internet resellers and college bookstores.
- Electrical/Electronic Materials Group, d.b.a. - EIS, Inc.
- Also based in Atlanta, Georgia, EIS is one of North America's leading distributors of process materials, production supplies, industrial MRO and value added fabricated parts.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|