|Born||George Ralph Noory
June 4, 1950
|Education||University of Detroit|
|Occupation||Talk radio host|
|Known for||Coast to Coast AM|
George Ralph Noory (born June 4, 1950) is a radio talk show host. In January 2003, following Art Bell's retirement, Noory took over as weekday host of the late-night radio talk show Coast to Coast AM, having previously been a guest host for the show. He also appears in the History Channel series Ancient Aliens and Beyond Belief (www.Gaiamtv.com/george).
Noory was born in Detroit and grew up in Dearborn Heights with two younger sisters as Roman Catholics of Lebanese decent. He graduated from the University of Detroit in 1972 with a bachelor's degree in Communications, and took a position as an assignment desk editor in the news department of WJBK-TV. He also served 9 years as an officer in the United States Naval Reserve. In 1996 he hosted a late-night program called Nighthawk.
On-air style 
In an article about Noory published in the magazine The Atlantic, Timothy Lavin wrote:
According to Media Life Magazine:
Noory says it doesn’t matter whether he believes what his callers and guests say. Ultimately, it's about entertainment, creating a show that people will be drawn to.
It's not that he's credulous or easily led. He's willing to take these intellectual journeys. He'll have guests on that you think are completely off the wall -- nothing they're saying is real -- but by the end of the program you will have made a discovery that there is a kernel of a question worth exploring."
- Noory, George; Birnes, William (2006). Worker in the Light. New York, NY: Tor Books. p. 319. ISBN 0765310872. OCLC 71322269.
- Noory, George; Birnes, William (2009). Journey to the Light. New York, NY: Tor Books. p. 317. ISBN 9780765321039. OCLC 317928896.
- Noory, George; Guiley, Rosemary (2011). Talking to the Dead. New York, NY: Tor Books. p. 304. ISBN 9780765325389. OCLC 707969668.
- "Alumnus Profile: George Noory '72". University of Detroit Mercy. Retrieved Jan 7, 2012.
- "The Listener" The Atlantic Magazine
- Deep in the night and way strange. Media Life Magazine. Sep 12, 2005.
- Ferrell, David (February 21, 2010). "Host George Noory Brings Talk of the Supernatural Back to Earth". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: George Noory|
- George Noory at the Internet Movie Database
- George Noory at the Notable Names Database
- Profile at Coast to Coast AM