||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2014)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (July 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Abstract hip hop
|Past members||Andy Maddocks
Stylistically, the music of Gescom is closer to electronic dance music, acid techno, and industrial music than Autechre's, with the exception of a few conceptual remixes (and the minidisc, see below). Notable releases include Key Nell, Minidisc, and ISS:SA.
Sean Booth of Autechre describes Gescom as an umbrella project involving 20 or 30 people. However, since most of their releases are anonymous, the exact roster of the project is not widely known.
- Autechre's debut album, Incunabula, has the motto GESCOM "PLEASURE IS OUR BUSINESS" printed on the spine of the packaging, and thanks Darrell Fitton 4 Gescom in the liner notes.
- Autechre's remix EP Basscad has the motto GESCOM: "PLEASURE IS OUR BUSINESS" printed on the inside spine of the CD, and says Autechre Music Systems from Gescom Transcendental in the liner notes.
- The Gescom EP credits its "conspirators" as Sean Booth and Rob Brown (alias Autechre), Darrell Fitton (alias Bola), Rob Hall (from Skam Records), and Daniel 72 (a musician and designer near Manchester).
- The Gescom 2 EP credits its "conspirators" as Sean Booth and Rob Brown (alias Autechre), and Andy Maddocks (from Skam Records).
- The Key Nell EP just says, "Conceived & secreted by Gescom."
- The Keynell remixes EP just says, "Conceived & secreted by Gescom. Additional nurturing & care from Autechre."
- The This EP credits remixes to "Ae" (Autechre), and Velocity Kendall.
- The That EP credits remixes to Tara, Pharoid with Time Chamber, Gescom, and DC Duo's.
- (1994) Gescom - EP (sometimes Gescom EP1 or Gescom 1)
- (1994) Gescom 2 - EP (sometimes Gescom EP2)
- (1995) The Sounds of Machines Our Parents Used - EP
- (1995) Key Nell - EP
- (1996) Motor - EP
- (1996) Keynell - remixes EP (Autechre remixes)
- (1998) This - EP
- (1998) That - EP
- (1998) Minidisc - LP on MD then CD (sometimes Mini Disc)
- (2003) ISS:SA - EP
- (2007) A1-D1 - EP (cd and 2x12")
- (2011) Skull Snap - EP
Note: each of the three discographies provides its own additional or erroneous information.
- Complete Gescom discography at Xltronic
- Complete Gescom discography at Discogs
- Complete Gescom discography at Lycos (fansite)
- Minidisc Distinction, Prix ARS Electronica 2000
|This article on a United Kingdom electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|