Ghost of the Robot
Ghost of the Robot (GOTR) is a rock band based in Southern California. It gained a following mainly due to its lead singer, actor James Marsters.
|Ghost of the Robot|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Rock, Alternative rock, Country|
|Years active||2002–2004, 2010–present|
|Labels||Robot Records, EyeLAshout|
|Associated acts||James Marsters (solo), Friendship, Fictionist, Power Animal, The Beatles|
Charlie De Mars
|Past members||Steven Sellers
The band's first studio album was entitled Mad Brilliant.
Reformation, B-Sider and Murphy's Law (2010 – present)
Ghost of the Robot performed and played a few gigs in late 2010. They also released a compilation album, B-Sider on March 15, 2011. The album is a compilation of all their EPs and singles and was released by EyeLAshout on iTunes and Amazon, who also released their first album, Mad Brilliant on March 5, 2011. James Marsters' son, Sullivan Marsters, is involved in several songs by the band, filling in as one of the guitarists.
In late July 2011, it was reported that a third album had been recorded and would be named Murphy's Law. This title was chosen from a group of names pitched and voted on by fans on the band's Facebook page. That same week, the band hosted a listening party of the new album, followed by a Q&A session. The album received positive reviews; among them College Pulse Magazine stated, "The Ghost of the Robot sounds very much like a new-age type of Beatles, Pop-Rock with more soul". The band also confirmed they would be doing an extensive West Coast tour in the summer of 2012 and would try to work around the band members' busy schedules.
Murphy's Law was released by EyeLAshout and Robot Records on December 6, 2011, and is available digitally on both Amazon and iTunes. The band has also stated Murphy's Law will be available on CD, at a show in Sacramento.
- Charlie De Mars – guitar
- James Marsters – guitar and vocals
- Jordan Latham - drums
- Kevin McPherson – bass
- Sullivan Marsters – guitar
- Steven Sellers – keyboard and backing vocals (died February 21, 2009)
- Aaron Anderson – drums (2003-2004)
- Mad Brilliant (2003)
- B-Sider (Ghost of the Robot Album) (2011)
- Murphy's Law (Ghost of the Robot Album) (2011)
EPs and singles
- It's Nothing EP (2004)
- "It's Nothing"
- "This Town"
- "She Likes Rap Grooves" (Featuring Ice Berg, Rockmaninoff and Sir-Rock)
- David Letterman (2003)
- "David Letterman"
- "Sounds Like a Personal Problem"
- Valerie (2003)
- Hello Single (2014)
-  Retrieved August 3, 2011
- http://sunnydale-la.webs.com/jamesmarsters-fanpage/gotr/ Retrieved May 11, 2011
- http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Ghost-Of-The-Robot-Biography/FC43E3CFC5D7E61C48256D450013E87D Retrieved May 11, 2011
- http://www.gallery.civilizedjames.org/index.php?cat=11 Civilized James Gallery Ghost Of The Robot