||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (July 2012)|
History and origin
The Gihara are immigrants from Rajasthan. Now they are mostly found in all parts of India and some spread other parts of the world also. Giharas speak mostly Gihara, Hindi and English languages (Gihara Language is also called Parsi Language).As we know people of this community belong from Tribal community they spread in different regions in India. 
The Gihara are strictly endogamous and are divided into four main exogamous clans. These are the Sodha, Sankat, Maish, Otwar, Goher, Sore and Marriayyah.
Many Gihara are still involved in their traditional occupation of Cloths. Some in ancient age were involved in rope making, chick making, bamboo fencing.Now they are doing all types of company jobs, businesses and government jobs. And many people still engaged in their traditional occupations like kuchbandiya, sirkibandiya. Many peoples engaged themselves in cottage industries (small industries occupations).They work personally. 
The pattern of civilization and culture of any society is the ancient historical site of that society. If the ancient place of worship or any ancient building of any society exists today, it is itself a statement of history, civilisation and culture of that society.
Gihara Samaj had devotion to their Gods, saints and ancestors from the beginning and has full faith in them.
There is a belief among the people of the society that, whenever they plead to their gods and goddess to manage any crisis or to remove that, they always get the full blessings of the their gods and goddess and their problems are solved thereon. Solution to the problems of the people of Samaj or arrival of any happiness to their family is believed to be the blessings of their ancestors by the people and they visit Dev sites to pay the rituals. For us this is a matter of great joy that every habitation of the society has an Isht Devi Mata Maharani temple. With the support of society, the development and construction of these temples are in progress.
Gihara Samaj does not have any written document of itself so far, but ancient heritage of Samaj is our history.
OUR SACRED PLACES OF WORSHIP
- Dev Dada kesri and Dada Dutti - Roorkee Uttrakhand
- Dhram Dhamani Mata Maharani Mandir - Allahabad, UP
- Dev Dada Dhanna Mahapurus - Kankad Khera, Meerut, UP
- Dev Dhusna Mahapurus - Utasani, UP
- Dev Noiya Mahapurus - Khandsa, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Dev Mahapurus Rehtua - Garhmukteshwar, UP
- Dev Pisoria Mahapurus - Timarpur, Delhi
- Dev Mansukha Maharaj - Mathura, UP
- Dev Fateh Singh - Govardhan, UP
- Kundan Mali - Karnal, Haryana
- Dada Narayan Mahapurus - Agra, UP
- Dada " Lattha - Dasna Village of Ghaziabad, UP
- Mana Madir, Kakori, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
== References ==
3. Subhash Chandra Gihar,Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 4. Vivekanand Gihar, New Delhi
- Neeraj Goher
- Neeraj Goher [contact on facebook]
- Neeraj Goher
- 1. Karan Gihar 2.Pankaj and Kamand Gihar