Greeley West High School
|Greeley West High School|
|School district||Weld County School District Six|
|Number of students||1450|
Greeley West High School is located in Greeley, Colorado, USA, on 35th Avenue and West 24th Street. The school was established in 1966 and had an enrollment of 1,450 students in the 2003-04 school year. Its mascot is the Spartans.
In 1996, they became the only school in Greeley to offer the International Baccalaureate Program, which is a high intensity academic program for students who wish to be intellectually challenged. Students admitted to the program and successfully complete all or parts of it have an advantage of beginning their college career with earned credits enabling them to begin college with a jump start. In 1998, Greeley West offered a program called Extended Learning Opportunity, which pushed back the school's regular starting time 90 minutes to allow students who wished to come in earlier to have some "personal time" with teachers in small study classes. In 2000, principal Erik Fredell was named a principal of the year by the National Association of Secondary School Principals and MetLife for his work to unify the student body and boost enrollment.
Greeley West has football, Volleyball, boys and girls Soccer, boys and girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Poms, Baseball, Softball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Wrestling, boys and girls Tennis, and boys and girls Swimming.
Other State Titles: Boys Cross Country - 2009,1965 Girls Cross Country- 2007, 5A Poms/Jazz - 2007, 2000 http://chsaa.org/ (national titles, also) The boys swim team at West High School has been named the state’s Academic Team Champion in Class 4A Swimming by the Colorado High School Activities Association. The team has a combined GPA of 3.68.
- Mike Higgins, NBA basketball player
- Keith English, former NFL player
- Tom Runnells, former MLB player, manager
- Ron Waterman, Team Impact member, former pro wrestler 
- Shane Carwin, mixed martial artist, former Interim Heavyweight Champion of the UFC
- Dick and Charlie Monfort, owners for the Colorado Rockies.
- Delander, Brady (2003-09-23). "HIGH SCHOOL OF THE WEEK: GREELEY WEST - All in the family atmosphere". Denver Post. pp. D12.
- "GREELEY AND SWINK PRINCIPALS HONORED". Rocky Mountain News. 2000-03-20.
- Forbes, Brian (2006-04-13). "CLOSING ACT LOOKS LIKE A HIT - Class 4A Greeley West thriving in coach Ziegler's final season". Denver Post. pp. D8.
- Maak, Russ (2003-05-21). "West wins first-ever state title in soccer". Greeley Tribune.
- Fasano, T.M. (2003-06-07). "Greeley duo establishes winning ways". Greeley Tribune.
- Great About Greelay
- Shuman, Matt (2008-12-19). "Athletic Chris Kaba learns to complete his abilities". Greeley Tribune.