|Location||Bowling Green, Kentucky, U.S.|
|Address||2625 Scottsville Rd.|
|Opening date||September 12, 1979|
|Developer||General Growth Properties|
|Management||General Growth Properties|
|Owner||General Growth Properties|
|No. of stores and services||100|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||850,000 square feet (79,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
Greenwood Mall is an enclosed shopping mall serving Bowling Green, in the U.S. state of Kentucky. Opened in phases between 1979 and 1980, the mall comprises 100 stores, including four anchor stores: Dillard's, J.C. Penney, Macy's and Sears. It also includes a food court, an Old Navy and the first Dunham's Sports in the state of Kentucky. The mall is owned and managed by General Growth Properties.
Construction began on Greenwood Mall in 1977. The mall's first phase opened on September 12, 1979, comprising anchor stores J.C. Penney and Ben Snyder's and more than 50 inline stores. Castner Knott, which operated a store at Bowling Green Mall at the time, moved from there to Greenwood Mall in 1980.
In 1986, plans were announced to relocate Sears from a freestanding store in downtown Bowling Green to a new store at the mall. The 87,400-square-foot (8,100 m2) store opened in October 1987. Also in late 1987, Hess's purchased the Ben Snyder's chain and converted all nine of its stores to the Hess's name. Hess's closed this store in March 1993. It was demolished in late 1995 and replaced with a two-story Dillard's, which opened in September 1996. Castner Knott added a second floor to its store in mid-1996, in addition to opening a separate home goods store near the food court.
Following the 1998 purchase of the Castner Knott chain, Dillard's abandoned the store that it had opened in 1996 and began moving into the Castner Knott building. Dawahares, a regional chain based in Lexington, Kentucky, replaced the Castner Knott home store in August 1998, and Dillard's reopened in the former Castner Knott building in January 1999. In March of the same year, the original Dillard's building reopened as the second Famous-Barr department store in the state of Kentucky. This store was converted to the Macy's nameplate in September 2006.
The front end of the mall was expanded in 2004, adding a LifeWay Christian bookstore and an Old Navy, the latter of which opened in August of that year. Dunham's Sports opened its first Kentucky location at the mall in July 2006, replacing storefronts previously occupied by Lane Bryant and an auxiliary Dillard's store. Several new stores opened at the mall between 2006 and 2007,including Charlotte Russe, Vanity and Pac Sun, while Forever 21 and Bath & Body Works both relocated to newer stores within that timespan. Steve & Barry's opened in the Sears wing in early 2008; the store remained open after the chain's first round of closings in September, but closed in 2009. Ulta replaced Dawahares, and Shoe Dept. Encore replaced the Steve & Barry's.
- "Greenwood Mall information". General Growth Properties. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- Richard Ribar (12 September 1979). "New mall opens its doors for business". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Richard Ribar (6 September 1979). "Most existing merchants optimistic on new mall". Daily News. p. 1A. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Ross Thomas, Bob Skipper (2 July 1986). "Sears planning relocation to Greenwood Mall". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Sears' new Greenwood store opens Wednesday". Daily News. 13 October 1987. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Pennsylvania-based Hess's buys Snyder's store chain". Daily News. 25 September 1987. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Evans Donnell (23 August 1993). "Mall looks for Hess's replacement". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Robyn L. Minor (29 October 1995). "Mall area getting built-up". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- John Martin (20 September 1996). "Dillard's opening: Mall's fourth anchor store debuts Saturday". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Castner Knott expansion moving ahead". Daily News. 18 July 1996. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Jill Noelle Cecil (15 December 1998). "Greenwood Mall ready for big changes". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Jill Noelle Cecil (20 May 1998). "Dawahares commits to mall space". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Melinda J. Overstreet (26 February 1999). "Famous-Barr nearly ready for mall debut". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Ameerah Cetawayo (6 July 2006). "Mall to expand for sporting goods". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Old Navy is set to open inside mall". Daily News. 3 August 2004. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Ameerah Cetawayo (28 July 2007). "Greenwood Mall plays hopscotch with tenants". Daily News. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Bowling Green places sixth in expansion". Daily News. 18 March 2008. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Steve & Barry's will remain open at mall". Daily News. 9 September 2008. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Goody's, Mandolin among latest businesses to close doors". Bowling Green Daily News. January 10, 2009. Retrieved 17 August 2012.