Greg Gorman (born 1949) is an American portrait photographer of Hollywood celebrities. His work has been seen in national magazine features and covers, including Esquire, GQ, Interview, Life, Vogue, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Time, Vanity Fair, and the London Sunday Times. Although he studied photojournalism in college, his passion for rock-and-roll led him to his chosen field when he photographed Jimi Hendrix in 1968. John Waters once said, "Greg Gorman is the only person I'd let photograph my corpse". He primarily works in black-and-white.
He has also directed music videos, television advertisements, and graphic design layouts for advertisers.
- Greg Gorman – Volume I (1989)
- Greg Gorman – Volume II (1991)
- Greg Gorman Inside Life (1996) (foreword by John Waters) ISBN 978-0-8478-1998-0
- Greg Gorman As I see It (2001) ISBN 978-1-57687-087-7
- Greg Gorman Perspectives (2002)
- Greg Gorman: Just Between Us (2003) ISBN 978-1-892041-80-7
- Journal of the 21st Century: Greg Gorman (2007)
- The Odes of Pindar (21st Editions, 2007) ISBN 1-892733-36-6
- In Their Youth: Early Portraits (2009) ISBN 978-88-6208-097-2
- No Excuses: Antonio Sabato Jr. Workout For Life by Greg Freitas and Greg Gorman (1999)
- Adonis: Masterpieces of Erotic Male Photography by Michelle Olley, Horst P. Horst, Nan Goldin, and Greg Gorman (1999)
- "Greg Gorman". Lexar Pro Photographer Corner.
- Hendrix photograph: McMurtrie, "Impressive Bodies of Work".
- As claimed in a page selling Gorman's work; this does not say where Waters made this remark.
- "Greg Gorman: Famed portrait photographer, and not-so-famed director", Photography at Temple.
- "Greg Gorman Interview".
- Greg Gorman at the Internet Movie Database
- "GREG GORMAN: A HOLLYWOOD ICON INTERVIEW by Lope Navo"
- PDN & Kodak Professional Legends – Greg Gorman biography
- photographerslimitededitions – Online gallery presenting Gorman's works
- Photoshop News – Interview with Greg Gorman about the New Epson Printers
- Photoshop News – Greg Gorman’s Digital Workshop in Mendocino, CA
- McMurtrie, John. "Impressive Bodies of Work: Celebrity photographer Greg Gorman aims to remove the taboo from male nudes". San Francisco Chronicle 8 October 2000.
- Professional Photographer – Greg Gorman: The evolution of an artist