From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hms in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The abbreviation HMS (hms) may refer to:
- Numerical representation of time using a 24-hour clock, hh:mm:ss for hours, minutes, seconds
- Her Majesty's Ship (or His Majesty's Ship, or Submarine), the prefix of Royal Navy ship names since 1789; the navies of Australia, New Zealand and Canada are also called Her Majesty's ship, but also have the country name with it.
- Hans/Hennes Majestäts Skepp (His/Her Majesty's ship), the prefix of Royal Swedish Navy ship names. In English sometimes unofficially replaced by "HSwMS"
- Hellenic Mathematical Society, a Greek learned society
- Hind Mazdoor Sabha, a trade union in India
- Historical Maritime Society, a British naval reenactment society
- Hendrick Motorsports, NASCAR racing team
- Harakat Mujtama' as-Silm, or Movement of Society for Peace, an Algerian Islamist political party
- HMS, National Rail station code of Helmsdale railway station, Scotland
- HMS Industrial Networks, a Swedish-based industrial communications company
- Artie Henry Middle School (also known as Henry Middle School), Cedar Park, Texas
- Hamden Middle School, Hamden, Connecticut
- Harvard Medical School
- Haverford Middle School, Havertown, Pennsylvania
- Hedrick Middle School, Medford, Oregon
- Heidelberg Middle School, Heidelberg, Germany
- Henry E. Huntington Middle School, San Marino, California
- High Mowing School, Wilton, New Hampshire
- Highland Middle School, multiple schools
- Hudson Middle School, Sachse, Texas
- Hudson Middle School, Hudson, Ohio
- Huntington Middle School, Warner Robins, Georgia
- Hinsdale Middle School, Hinsdale, Illinois
- Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn School District, Hartley, Iowa
Herricks Middle School, Searingtown New York
- Health management system, an evolutionary medicine process that regulates the body's responses to infections and injury.
- Halbmastwurf-Sicherung, a type of knot used by climbers; or the type of carabiner used with the HMS knot
- Handheld, Manpack, Small Form Factor, radio transceivers in the United States' military Joint Tactical Radio System
- Heavy melting steel, designation for recyclable steel and iron
- Helmet mounted sight, weapons sight mounted on an aircraft pilot's helmet
- Hemin storage, a protein found in Yersinia pestis, the causal agent of plague
- Hexose monophosphate shunt, a biochemical pathway also known as the pentose phosphate pathway
- Highly migratory species, United Nations term for migrating fish
- Hypermobility syndrome
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title HMS.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.