From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Richmond was a 26-gun ship launched in 1655 as the English Commonwealth Navy's Wakefield. She was renamed HMS Richmond at the Restoration in 1660 and was converted into a fireship between 1688 and 1689. She was sold in 1698.
- HMS Richmond was an 8-gun yacht purchased in 1672 and sold in 1685.
- HMS Richmond was a 24-gun sixth rate, formerly the French East Indiaman Dauphin. She was captured in 1745 and sold in 1749.
- HMS Richmond was a 32-gun fifth rate launched in 1757. She was captured by the French in 1781 and later burnt in 1783 to prevent capture by the Spanish
- HMS Richmond was a 14-gun gun-brig launched in 1806 and sold in 1814.
- HMS Richmond was previously the USS Fairfax, transferred from the US Navy as part of the 1940 Destroyers for Bases Agreement. She was lent to the Royal Canadian Navy in 1943, and then to the Soviet Navy in 1944. She was renamed Zhivuchi and served with them until 1949, when she was scrapped.
- HMS Richmond is a Type 23 frigate launched in 1993 and currently in service.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Royal Navy history page
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|