Hammer pants, a loose fitting trouser inspired by harem pants which originated in India and are often mistakenly called "parachute pants", are customized/modified baggy pants tapered at the ankle with a sagging rise made suitable for hip-hop dancing.
Hammer pants were popularized in the 1980s and 1990s by rapper Stanley Burrell who would entertain/dance in them during live concerts and music videos, hence the name referring to his stage name, (M.C.) Hammer.
Hammer's specialized clothing line would come in a variety of colors and were usually shiny and flashy-styled, as seen throughout his hip-hop career during talk show appearances, concerts, music videos and again on his own TV reality show in 2009 called Hammertime.
- "Sagging Crotches: MC Hammer / Harem Pants". The Urban Gentleman.
- Chance, Molly. "American Music Awards 2012 fashion: Justin Bieber, Chris Brown and M.C. Hammer's saggy drawers". Zap2it. Tribune Media Services, Inc.
- Oldenburg, Ann. "Justin Bieber switches from saggy to skinny". USA Today. USA Today.
- Leo, Alex. "MC Hammer Flash Mob: Parachute-Pant-Wearing Dancers Take Over Store On Sunset (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. The Huffington Post.
- http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/item_jtDJBpaGfHUGtsVdRXa85L#axzz2INzoWjdA. Missing or empty
|This clothing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|