Harborfields High School
|Harborfields High School|
|98 Taylor Avenue
Greenlawn, New York 11740
|School type||public, secondary|
|School district||Harborfields Central School District|
|Principal||Dr. Rory J. Manning|
|Assistant principals||Robert Kelly, Jami Goldstein|
|Color(s)||Green and White|
|Fight song||Harborfields Will Win|
|Average SAT scores||1,649|
|Average ACT scores||24.8|
Harborfields High School is a four year secondary school located in Greenlawn, New York. It functions as the high school for Harborfields Central School District, serving the communities of Centerport and Greenlawn along with parts of Huntington and Northport. In 2011, the school was ranked 88th on Newsweek's list of Top 1300 High Schools in America.
The Class of 1960 was the first graduating class, with about 130 graduates from Centerport and Greenlawn only. That first class used the building for four years as it was being completed.
The name Harborfields came from a combination of the older names of Centerport (ex Little Cow Harbor) and Greenlawn (ex Old Fields), selected from an entry by Billy Lefko and Robert Comito in a naming contest in about 1958.
Notable alumni include:
- Mariah Carey, singer-songwriter-producer and actress
- Jeff Hawkins, inventor of Palm Pilot
- Ken Cresswell, Professional Polo Player, Member 1992 U.S. World Polo Team.
- Jaclyn DeSantis, actress
- Buzzy Feiten, musician
- John J. Flanagan, Republican New York state senator (John taught at HFS, not a grad)
- Geoffrey Gilmore, director of Tribeca Film Festival
- Christine Harnos, actress
- Charles Ludlam, actor, director, playwright, producer Founded http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ridiculous_Theatrical_Company&action=edit&redlink=1
- Mark Millon, Major League Lacrosse player
- Cindy Sherman, artist
- Sara Whalen, U.S. women's soccer Olympian
- Bill Daye, Major League Lacrosse player and coach
- Brian Daniels, musician
- Brittany Lauda, Professional Voice Actress  
- "Mariah Carey". The New York Times.
- http://polo.epubxp.com/i/66985/55 http://www.uspolo.org/