Hatty Keane performing at Open Mic UK
|Birth name||Harriet Elizabeth Keane|
|Born||1 December 1994|
Baby Girl Music
Harriet Elizabeth "Hatty" Keane (born 1 December 1994 in Salford, Greater Manchester) is an English R&B and pop singer. In January 2011 she won the under-18 category of Open Mic UK at the age of 16. She sang to BGM and Future Music shortly afterwards. In June 2011 she performed alongside Tinchy Stryder at Live Fest at the O2 in London, and in November 2011 performed at the O2 as support for Ed Sheeran and Wretch 32. Her first two singles, "Best Kept Secret" and "Electricity," were released September 2011, with associated music videos released on YouTube. An upcoming single, "Caught You Out," has been slated for released in early December 2011.
Keane was born in Salford, Greater Manchester in 1994. She is based in Macclesfield. Keane began singing as early as she could speak, and at the age of 12 her mother gave her a karaoke machine for Christmas. She attended All Hallows Catholic College in Macclesfield and in 2010, she won her school's "All Hallows got talent" competition and was inspired to look for other local contests.
Open Mic UK
In September 2010, Keane entered the UK music contest Open Mic UK, which was holding auditions in Liverpool. She successfully progressed through the finals against 9000 other acts. Keane performed at the National Grand Final, which was held on 15 January 2011 at the The O2's indigO2 venue in London After her live performance to a crowd of 2000, Keane was named the winner of the Under-18 category by judges including Ras Kwame, Chris Grayston, Dane Bowers, Michael King of BGM, and Shola Ama. She was also crowned the overall runner-up.
In February 2011 Keane signed with both Future Music and BGM. Her first UK tour was as the support for Britain's Got Talent 2010 winners Spelbound. The tour spanned April and May 2011. On 23 June 2011 she performed alongside Tinchy Stryder at Live Fest at the O2 in London.
Keane has worked closely with the producers of BGM on new material since February 2011, and has written material herself. Her first official single, "Best Kept Secret," was released on 12 September 2011. The single was released as a double A-side with the single "Electricity" as well. She is scheduled to perform the singles at the Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model Live Open Catwalk in October 2011.
Her debut LP has an unknown release date, though songwriters such as Bridget Kelly (Roc Nation), Deekay (JLS), Laurence Hobbs (Pixie Lott), and John Scott (of Beyoncé and Chris Brown) have written songs for the project.
In August 2011 Keane stated that her favorite album is Rated R by Rihanna, and that both Rihanna and The Black Eyed Peas have been musical inspirations. She also stated she most wants to perform with Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj. She counts names such as Taio Cruz, Dane Bowers, and producer Deejay as fans.
- "Heartfail" (April 2011)
- "Electricity" (September 2011)
- "Best Kept Secret" (September 2011)
- "Caught You Out" (November 2011)
- Derebeyli, Melek (August 17, 2011). "Hatty Keane: A teenage dream". Flavour Magazine. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Open Mic UK competition winner Hatty Keane to support Spelbound on UK tour!". Open Mic UK. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "Hatty Keane". WDPJ Media. April 1, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-15.
- "Hatty Keane". CraveOnMusic. May 26, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Saoud-Easton, Eve-Yasmine (July 7, 2011). "Hatty Keane - Teen Superstar". Superstar Magazine. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "NEWS- Hatty Keane Best Kept Secret". Urban Development. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "About". HattyKeane.com. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Meet the Live and Unsigned final headline acts". Music Radar. June 17, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Indig02". TheO2. 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "In The Spotlight: #18 Hatty Keane". Planet Music Reviews. August 17, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Open Mic UK Competition Winner Hatty Keane signs to BGM". Open Mic UK. February 8, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-15.
- "Dirt.com catches Hatty Keane at WellChild Awards 2011". Dirt.com. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Hatty Keane". Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model Live. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Don't miss teen sensation Hatty Keane perform live!". Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model Live. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Official website
- Hatty Keane on MySpace (Official)
- Hatty Keane on Twitter (Official)
- Hatty Keane on Facebook (Official)