|Haworth Tompkins Architects|
|Key architects||Graham Haworth
|Buildings||Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre (2007)
National Theatre Studio (2007)
Young Vic Theatre (2006)
Royal Court Theatre (2000)
Iroko Housing, Coin Street (2001)
|Awards||Evening Standard Special Award for Innovative Theatre Architecture (2007)
Stirling Prize Shortlist (2007)
Building Awards, Young Architect of The Year (2001)
Haworth Tompkins was formed in 1991 by architects Graham Haworth [b. 1960] and Steve Tompkins [b. 1959].
Based in London, the studio has worked on projects across public, private and subsidised sectors including schools, galleries, theatres, housing, offices, shops and factories. The practice now employs approximately 52 people.
Haworth Tompkins buildings are primarily influenced by the specific chemistry of individual places and cultural situations. What they have in common is an approach rather than a stylistic signature. Key to their work is an understanding of the nature of a site and the needs of a building's users, a process which often yields original or unconventional solutions.
- North Wall, Oxford
- New theatre for St Edward's School. Completed 2006.
- Young Vic Theatre, London
- Refurbishment of Bill Howell's 1970's auditorium with new studios, foyer and back-of-house facilities for the Young Vic theatre. Completed 2006.
- The Egg, Bath
- Children's Theatre for the Theatre Royal, in an existing Grade 2 listed building in the heart of Bath, Somerset. Completed 2005.
- Student Housing, Newington Green, London
- Accommodation for students in land-locked site in Newington Green, London. Completed 2004.
- Extension to Hayward Gallery, London
- Extension and refurbishment of the Hayward Gallery including new pavilion structure with artist Dan Graham. Completed 2004.
- Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
- Extension and refurbishment for Coventry City Council adjacent to Coventry Cathedral. Completed 2004.
- Loch Promenade, Douglas, Isle of Man
- High-quality offices in the centre of Douglas with new landscaped square. Most recent phase completed 2002.
- Iroko Housing, London
- New terraced housing development with central courtyard for Coin Street Community Builders on London's South Bank. Completed 2001.
- Royal Court Theatre, London
- Rebuilding of existing Royal Court Theatre in Sloane Square with new front of house facilities, offices, dressing rooms and technicial facilities. Completed 2000.
- 2007 LEAF Award (Best Public Building): The Young Vic Theatre
- Nominate RIBA Stirling Prize: The Young Vic Theatre
- RIBA Award (London Region): The Young Vic Theatre
- RIBA London Building of the Year: The Young Vic Theatre
- RIBA National Award: The Young Vic Theatre
- USITT Award with Honour: The Egg Children's Theatre, Bath
- USITT Award with Merit: The Young Vic Theatre
- Structural Steel Design Award Merit: The Young Vic Theatre
- Bath & North East Somerset Design Quality Award -The Egg Theatre, Bath.
- ABTT Prague Quadrennial Gold Award for Theatre Design.
- Blueprint Architecture Awards. Best Residential Building -Iroko Housing Co-op.
- Evening Standard awards - most promising newcomer. (shortlist) - Almeida Kings Cross.
- Time Out Live Awards - Most Inspiring Venue - Almeida Kings Cross.
- RIBA award for architecture -Iroko Housing Co-op.
- Housing Design Award (completed scheme) -Iroko Housing Co-op.
- Building of the Year, Royal Fine Art Commission (shortlisted) -Iroko Housing Co-op.
- Building Awards, Young Architect of The Year.
- Outstanding Young UK Architect, Royal Fine Art Commission Awards.
- English Partnerships Regeneration Award - Coin Street Iroko Housing Co op.
- IStructE award - Royal Court Theatre.
- RIBA Award –Royal Court Theatre.
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Conservation and Restoration Award – Royal Court Theatre.
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Accessibility Award – Royal Court Theatre.
- USITT Award (USA) – Royal Court Theatre.
- Civic Trust Award –Doc Martens, Cobbs Lane.
- Concrete Society Award – Royal Court Theatre.
- FX Award Shortlist – Royal Court.
- Civic Trust Award – Offices, St.Helier, Jersey.
- Structural Steel Award –Doc Martens, Cobbs Lane.
- RIBA Regional Award –Doc Martens.