18 December 1942 |
Königsberg, East Prussia
|Occupation||Disc Jockey, Television Presenter|
Guitton worked for RTL from 1964 to 1994. On Radio Luxemburg she co-hosted Tag Schatz, Tag Scherz with Jochen Pützenbacher, who later recalled that they worked so well together, there were rumours they were romantically involved. In 1983 she insisted on co-hosting a memorial programme for a colleague who had died of cancer, to give him moral support, but broke down crying. She hosted the weekday evening programme Viva – die Lust, zu leben, which included quizzes and interviews as well as music. In the 1990s she worked for RTL plus, now RTL television; in 1988 she was engaged with Rainer Holbe to moderate a sexy interview show, "Kopfkissen-Gespräche bei Prominenten" (Pillow talk with VIPs); she later called these "Liebe ist..." interviews her most successful and enjoyable work, while she called Radio Telex her greatest failure. Her 1985 interview with a combative Klaus Kinski, who ate and drank throughout, only half an hour of which was broadcast, appears on the DVD Kinski Talks I, issued by WDR in 2010.
On 7 April 1973, she was the presenter for the Eurovision Song Contest.
After leaving broadcasting, Guitton became a style and behaviour coach.
- Hendrik Leuker, "Die deutschen Stimmen von Radio Luxemburg: Camillo Felgen, Jochen Pützenbacher und Helga Guitton", Radio-Kurier, August 2004 (German) (pdf).
- "Blödeltalk und Sexy-Follies", Der Spiegel, 7 March 1988 (German)
- Christoph Dallach, "Klaus-Kinski-DVD: Kugelblitz in Plauderlaune", Der Spiegel, 27 January 2011 (German)
- "'Lass mich ausreden!'", Südwest Presse, 19 November 2010 (German)
- "Previous Eurovision winners and UK entries", press release, BBC, 5 May 2005 (pdf)
- TV serials presented by Helga Guitton, at Fernsehserien.de (German)
|Eurovision Song Contest presenter
|This German biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|