5 January 1901|
|Died||8 December 1980
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Service/branch|| Luftwaffe (Wehrmacht)
|Years of service||1918–1945
|Battles/wars||World War I
Spanish Civil War
World War II
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Hermann Plocher (5 January 1901 – 8 December 1980) was a Luftwaffe commander during World War II and Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves recipient. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
- Spanish Cross in Gold with Swords
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (17 May 1940)
- 1st Class (5 June 1940)
- Combined Pilots-Observation Badge
- German Cross in Cross (9 April 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Hermann Plocher's nomination had been finalized by the Heerespersonalamt (HPA—Army Staff Office) and was ready for signature by the end of the war. According to the Association of Knight's Cross Recipients (AKCR) the award was present in accordance with the Dönitz-decree. This is illegal according to the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) and lacks legal justification. The presentation date was assigned by Fellgiebel. Plocher was a member of the AKCR.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 598.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 103.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 163.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- "Hermann Plocher". Lexikon der Wehrmacht (in German). Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Hermann Plocher". Geocities (in German). Archived from the original on 2009-10-29. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
General Alfred Schlemm
|Commander of 1. Flieger-Division
1 October 1942 – 31 October 1942
General Alfred Bülowius
Generalmajor Josef Punzert
|Commander of 4. Flieger-Division
1 July 1943 – 25 August 1943
Oberst Franz Reuß
Oberstleutnant Harry Herrmann
|Commander of 6. Fallschirmjäger-Division
1 October 1944 – 8 May 1945
|Commander of 2. Luftverteidigungsdivision(Bundeswehr)
1958 – December 1960
Brigadegeneral Werner Eugen Hoffmann