From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hivemind or group mind in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A hive mind or group mind may refer to a number of uses or concepts, ranging from positive to neutral and pejorative. Examples include:
- Collective consciousness or collective intelligence, concepts in sociology and philosophy
- Culture A collective of knowledge, art, artifacts, symbols and social ritual
- The apparent consciousness of colonies of social insects such as ants, bees and termites
- Swarm intelligence, the collective behaviour of decentralized, self-organized systems, natural or artificial
- Universal mind, a type of universal higher consciousness or source of being in some esoteric beliefs
- Group mind (science fiction), a type of collective consciousness
- Egregore is a phenomenon in occultism which has been described as group mind.
- Apache HiveMind, a software framework
- HiveMind, an upcoming video game being designed by Will Wright
- Hive Mind (album), a 2012 album by Sinch
- The Group Mind, a book by William McDougall (psychologist). ISBN 1-4179-0508-5.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.