Hu Xiaolian (Chinese: 胡晓炼; born 1958) is the Deputy Governor of the People's Bank of China and the former director of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange in China. She was ranked 23rd on The Wall Street Journal 's "The 50 Women to Watch 2007" list. She was ranked fourth on The Wall Street Journal 's "The 50 Women to Watch 2008" list and was referred to as "one of the most powerful people in the world".
Hu was elected an alternate member of the CCP Central Committee at the November 2012 18th National Party Congress.
Born in Hubei in 1958, Hu graduated from the Graduate School of the People's Bank of China with an MA in economics in 1984. Hu served as Director of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange from 2007-2009. In 2009, she was appointed Deputy Governor of the People's Bank of China.
- "The 50 Women to Watch 2007". The Wall Street Journal.
- "The 50 Women to Watch 2008" The Wall Street Journal
- List of alternate members of 18th CPC Central Committee
- "Hu Xiaolian". US-China Business Counci. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "Management Team - Hu Xiaolian" People's Bank of China. Retrieved 13 May 2011
|This business-related Chinese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|