Hubertus-Maria Ritter von Heigl
|Hubertus-Maria Ritter von Heigl|
|Born||10 November 1897
|Died||24 January 1985
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1915–1945|
|Commands held||Pionier-Battalion 70 (mot.)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Hubertus-Maria Ritter von Heigl[a] (10 November 1897 – 24 January 1985) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hubertus-Maria Ritter von Heigl was captured by British forces in May 1945 and was held until 1947.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Black Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Knight's Cross of the Military Order of Max Joseph (21 September 1917)
- Military Merit Order, 4th class with Swords and Crown (Bavaria)
- Cross of Honor
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Crimea Shield
- Eastern Front Medal
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on January 13, 1942 as Oberstleutnant and commander of Pionier-Bataillon 70 (motorisiert)
- General Assault Badge (15 June 1942)
- a Regarding personal names: Ritter is a title, translated approximately as Knight, not a first or middle name. There is no equivalent female form.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. .
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.