||This article possibly contains original research. (October 2007)|
Illiana is the general area around the border between the U.S. states of Illinois and Indiana, containing the eastern edge of Illinois and the western edge of Indiana. The word is a portmanteau of the two states' names.
Major Illiana cities include the Chicago metropolitan area and Hammond, Indiana. Danville, Illinois is a significant community in Central Illiana, while the cities of Terre Haute and Evansville lie close to the line farther south.
Colleges and universities
The colleges listed below may not be directly on the Illiana line, but are significant to the communities along the border:
- Danville Area Community College (DACC), Danville
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), Urbana-Champaign
- Indiana State University, Terre Haute
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute
- Saint Mary of the Woods College, Saint Mary of the Woods
- University of Evansville, Evansville
- University of Southern Indiana, Evansville
- Purdue University, West Lafayette
- Illiana Expressway (proposed as of 2012)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2007)|