From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up indeterminate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Indeterminate has a variety of meanings in mathematics:
- Indeterminate (variable) (In mathematics) an indeterminate is a symbol that is treated as a variable.
- Indeterminate system is a system of simultaneous equations (especially linear equation s) which has more than one solution.
- Indeterminate equation in mathematics, is an equation for which there is more than one solution.
- Statically indeterminate
- Indeterminate form (In mathematics) an indeterminate form is an algebraic expression obtained in the context of limits. (mathematical analysis)
- Indeterminate growth a term in biology and especially botany
- Indeterminacy (Philosophy) in philosophy to describe the shortcomings of definition.
- Statically indeterminate, In statics, a structure is statically indeterminate (or hyperstatic).
- Indeterminacy (music), Also called (Indeterminate music).
|This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.